PDA

View Full Version : pvs question

mr5050
07-06-10, 10:52 PM
was having a little read through tv and spotted a guide to pvs , i noticed that if you intend to drive your car on the track/drag strip you must have both parts of license. i lost the card part last week and wont get one in time for pvs. am i fooked or will they accept paper part and passport, dont think i can face going there in my car and not being able to get stuck in:(

Lee
07-06-10, 11:27 PM
All depends mate, ive gone up the strip there and only had to write my licence number on a form, other times ive had to fully produce it.

All they can do is say no.

mr5050
08-06-10, 12:03 AM
i think im gonna chance it, what about the tyres, it says something about a dot???

blue_peg_16v
08-06-10, 12:09 AM
why not give the pod a ring, tyres have to be cleaned before running if there muddy which if you have camped they will be it always rains heavy the week before pv and turns the camp site into a bog and low and hold whats happening again lol

Lewis.
08-06-10, 12:59 PM
i think im gonna chance it, what about the tyres, it says something about a dot???

DOT mark (dept of transport) baisicly any road legal tyres, just no slicks

mr5050
08-06-10, 11:59 PM
ok cheers, got a few chips in the side wall of my tire where the previous owner has curbed the alloys, will they be funny about this? actually, probably best just to ring like you say