PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy K&N

adam2472
03-05-03, 06:29 PM
rite im looking to get a K&N for me 1.0L nova.. weres the best place to get it from.. i been lookin round on the internet and its proving well hard to find somewere which sells em for 1.0L and provides a pic and details about it!?!?

ne help preciated!

ad

ade
04-05-03, 10:53 AM
have you tried K&N direct?

http://knfilters.com/

Halfords maybe yer best best but before you go in there check to make sure they do a filter for a 1 ltr.

Youre not going to get much in the way of extra power but your engine will sound nicer (bruuummm!) :D

Based on their vehical search (for a 1990 1 ltr nova) - thgeres about 4 options

Ade

adam2472
04-05-03, 11:33 AM
yer ive had a lookie on there..

mines a 1991 and only brings up 2 matches ones for the airfilter and the other for "custom assembly".. is that a bracket of some sort to connect it??..

do i jsut take these part numbers to halfords and see what price they qoute?? how much shud i being paying for one?

mikeoxford
04-05-03, 10:46 PM
get a k&nb pannel filter that fits in your normal ditbin lid air box

and then drill 2 big holes in each void on the SIDE of the airbox for the noise

thats the best noise, and best performance you will see from it

adam2472
04-05-03, 11:12 PM
wud this sounds as good as a bolt on K&N though??

mikeoxford
04-05-03, 11:16 PM
wud this sounds as good as a bolt on K&N though??

well my cousin has a 1.2

and he had a k&n but it got pinched :evil:

so he whacked the std box on and bought a aforementioned filter on, and i thought is sounded BETTER.

ill take a photo of the holes we drilled, but we used a hole saw kinda thing in the electric drill, and drilled two in between each clip on the air box, the holes were the size of the airbox depth, so this was the biggest holes we could dirll. sounded just as good.