PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 16v motor

total_vauxhall
06-06-10, 10:49 AM
just guaging intrest to see if it would be worth sellin.
right so my mam has a 1400 16v tigra the head /block and all ancillerys are fine no oil leeks doesnt over heat ect ect has a very slight nock when cold but goes off after about 1 min . but since she bought it 2 years ago its had an on going problem with the egr valve . and the inlet she is now sick of it so im going to fit a 1400 mpi 8v i have. so the 16v engine plus key ecu transponder and all ancils would be for sale . for a decent offer

i could also get a vid of it running or if you liv close by you could come and hear it running before i remove it.:thumb:

AlexW
06-06-10, 11:02 AM
Needs a price as per rules.
Why dont you just blank the EGR and then just plug the egr back in, problem solved.

Plug
06-06-10, 11:06 AM
does the tigra have power steering?

total_vauxhall
06-06-10, 12:34 PM
does the tigra have power steering?

yea mate has pas we have also tryed blanking the egr just made the problem worse. just going to remove it and fit an 8v motor and eather sell the motor as a full unit or strip and sell in parts

price is 40,000 pounds or a decent offer :thumb:

Plug
06-06-10, 12:37 PM
ok well im not interested but tbh you sure your doing it right as ive never heard of problems after the EGR has been removed

total_vauxhall
06-06-10, 01:08 PM
ok well im not interested but tbh you sure your doing it right as ive never heard of problems after the EGR has been removed
yea mate did same mod on my corsa and it worked fine cant be botherd messing with the motor anymore for the time it will take to fit another.