PDA

View Full Version : cleaning the K'N filter

TUBZGSXR
03-05-03, 02:23 PM
my filter is lookin pretty dirty, if i clean it will it make a difference to cars performance at all (SRI de-cat)? if so , how do i clean it? an take it off?

carl
03-05-03, 03:23 PM
It should be the same as when you fitted it and might even be better on fuel. You can buy some cleaner for it or you can take to a garage and blow the dirt of with the tyre pump or just use a scrubbing brush that is what i did.

ade
03-05-03, 04:12 PM
use proper k n n carb filter cleaner. About ?15 from Halfords - you'll never need to buy any agaijn for at least 18 months! - will last you at least 3 cleans (one every 6 months).

Will make a big improvement coz youre suffocating your car by not cleaning ghr filter = use more fuel

Ade

TUBZGSXR
03-05-03, 04:47 PM
ok cool, cheers guys... :D
tubs

gary_glasgow
04-05-03, 07:24 PM
INVEST IN THE CLEANING KIT MINES ONLY COST ?10 THE FILTER IS DESIGNED TO LET IN MAX AIR WITHOUT THE DIRT, IF YOU USE A SCRUBBING BRUSH OR AN AIRLINE YOU WILL DESTROY IT AND END UP WITH PROBLEMS. :D

mikeoxford
04-05-03, 10:41 PM
no need to SHOUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ! :lol:

TUBZGSXR
05-05-03, 09:58 AM
lol! THANX AGAIN!

Tilly
05-05-03, 11:39 AM
thats helped me to thanks

Dicko
05-05-03, 06:49 PM
tubs:(SRI de-cat)?
ade:use proper k n n carb filter cleaner.

spot the deliberate mistake :D

as its for injection its a little diff. what you can do is to just fill up a bowl with boiling water and washing up liquid and put it in that. u wanna see how much sh1t comes out :D
however to catch the smallest bits of dust from going into ur engine you would need the cleaning kit as it comes with the stuff to spray on ur filter after its been cleaned. if u can get this seperate just buy that and wash as iv said.

it does make a difference, makes it louder and no im not imagining that :P