PDA

View Full Version : rebuild problems !! Help

w88rdy
05-06-10, 04:15 PM
Im currently rebuilding cassidy16v nova and we have got the full loom in the car and the electric window loom as well.

For some reason the dash lights up,the heater blowers work the full beam works,the windows work etc etc but the central locking ,headlights and back lights etc dont work only full beam,the wipers dont work??

Ive check the earths and have continuity at all points and am running out of ideas??

Anyone had this before??

Nova-rich
05-06-10, 04:20 PM
yeah its your headlight switch. you tried another? and swap the wiper stalk, I had the same problem when i swapped the dash which is why i got another stalk off you

w88rdy
05-06-10, 09:05 PM
swapped them both mate and it aint them???

djbrowney
05-06-10, 09:09 PM
change the hazzard switch, also there is an earth that goes on the bulk head in the loom !!!

w88rdy
05-06-10, 09:16 PM
whereabouts mate? ive got the one from the batt to the car and starter and one in the bay to the gearbox earth strap as well but havent seen one on the bulkhead??

Graeme
05-06-10, 09:19 PM
Behind the centre vents

w88rdy
05-06-10, 09:41 PM
yeah got the one inside behind the vents graeme its doing my head in lol

w88rdy
06-06-10, 02:18 PM
anybody else got any ideas?

djbrowney
06-06-10, 05:09 PM
the earth near the hand break on top of the tunnel ???

w88rdy
06-06-10, 08:16 PM
Right ive took the light switch out and the holder it clips in is broken on one side so the connector isnt in properly so ive sorted that lol

The wipers not working was doing my head in been out and checked the switches etc then started looking at the wiring diagrams and noticed the motor is earthed through the backing plate,went out thinking that it might be covered in paint then remembered cassidy couldnt find all the screws for wiper so put two in and forgot to put one in the bottom earthing point lol

So thats them sorted now just the central locking to figure out now and then on with the xe wiring and digi dash.