PDA

View Full Version : operating temperature of a c20let

K24_STE
04-06-10, 12:15 AM
Starting a few topics in here at the mo!
but wonder if anybody help again?
I've Just finished my Nova GSI that I have been doing over the winter and I have noticed that it's holding about half way on the temp scale where as it use to be at the quater mark and would only ever get to the halfway mark if you were at tickover for a while then the fan would kick in but it just seems to be constantly there (and get's there rather quick too) anybody have any trouble shooting points if this isn't right?

just for the record useing cool running stat and tx autosport twin core alloy rad!!

Thanks in advance! :thumb:

Nova_Tek
04-06-10, 10:02 AM
If it stays on half way mate whilst driving around, then it sound fine to me. Big blocks warm up quickly anyway.

I recently done a thermostat change on my bros Cav X20XEV. After the change it would get to 90deg (about half way on the temp dial) in 6 mins and would constantly stay there whilst driving, wouldn't budge. Sitting in traffic would make it rise to about 3/4 ish or 95deg ish and the fan would come on.

Previously his temps were all over the place as the stat was rubbish, would hardly rise off cold whilst driving get to operating temp when stationary and then go right back down.

Sounds like it's ok to me from what I've understood from your explanation.

GRUNT 16V
04-06-10, 10:39 AM
92 DEG TO BE EXACT OR 82 DEG IF YOUR USING ONE OF THOSE GAY COOL STATS WHICH GIVE YOU AN EXTRA 25BHP !!!!! lol