PDA

View Full Version : Information for slow insurance claims

Jon_nova1
03-06-10, 10:39 PM
So for nearly two months i've been stuck in a situation with swiftcover, they'd valued the car and everything else but claimed they needed to speak to the officer that dealt with the case, they had needed to speak to him for over a month:tard:

So i decided to lodge a complaint with swiftcover, explained why i was complaining, explained it was an email of complaint and i would like the claim settled by a certain date which i would deem as the problem being resolved, this is as per onbudsman procedure.

I received an email saying it had been passed to my case handlers supervisor, who basically emailed me telling me the onbudsman wouldn't even entertain looking at my case as i need to exhaust thier complaints procedure, which is untrue...basically he was there to deter me from contacting the onbudsman.

So i let a couple of weeks pass and well....nothing:confused:

So i logged onto:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Basically you can email them and ask them to complain to the company on your behalf, so i did this, as with this approach it would have turned heads with management without landing the company with a huge fine for getting the onbudsman to investigate the complaint, because if you do that, then they'll have no need to hurry alonglol

A couple of days had past, it does state it will take longer via email, and today i magically received a bundle of correspondants:eek:

one email informing me they had magically managed to contact the officer in charge of the case and had to get an upto date settlement figure for the finance, another saying they had got an upto date settlement figure and the case had been passed onto a colleague who will pay santander, and then a third email wanting more information on the complaint i'd asked the onbudsman to put forward to me.

I hope this can be of some use to people that get stuck in the same situation:thumb:

Angus Closier
12-06-10, 11:36 PM
Im sure this will be helpful to people in the same situation, glad things are getting sorted. Shows that as soon as somone as big as them makes a complaint the get on and sort it!!