PDA

View Full Version : autochoke

James B
02-05-03, 08:08 PM
hi all, at last the nova has started, many thanks to all of you who helped out, especially aragorn, ever in me area let me know and i'll buy u a pint - you earnt it!

anyway - next problem you lot might be able to help me solve

Firstly its an ABSOLUTE MISSION to put it in reverse and 1st feels all wrong, like its 3rd. soon as u let the clutch drop it splutters and shakes as if your in wrong gear then gets better as speed increases. My assumption is that i havnt lined the transmission back up properly when putting new engine back in - would this be right to assume? Or could it be that the 4 speed box and 5 speed use different linkages etc etc

secondly, when it started it idled at 1000rpm. beautiful. drove round the block, went up to 2k, then 3k. Now i havnt as yet linked up the autochoke, is this causing such fast idling?

How does it wire up, i understand it works off the temp of the water, and the dome thing on left hand side of the carb has water in water out. Which is in and which is out? also where do these feeds come from and go to? Also i believe it has an electrical connection, where is this from/to? At the front of the carb there is a terminal block with two black wires coming into it, if thats any help

Cheers all

james

Dicko
02-05-03, 08:44 PM
yea im guessing its gonna b the autochoke cuasing that.

try setting ur gears by putting it in reverse and moving ur stick to the reverse position. however, i think they 4speed linkage is different, but im sire somebody else will clear that up

Nova-Boy
02-05-03, 09:12 PM
4 speed and 5 speed linkage is different. you can use some parts from the 4 speed set up but things need cutting off etc etc. Best get the whole linkage and stuff off a 5 speed. I am assuming you have swaped the 4 speed for a 5 speed?? You didn't say and i have no idea of your project.