PDA

View Full Version : Twin exit exhaust

Tilly
02-05-03, 06:33 PM
I've heard in the grapevine that u need to have ur boot re-welded etc to be able to fit this on? Can someone help me by explaining what it involves
Thanks

Dave
02-05-03, 06:49 PM
think in some cases they cut a section out & re-weld the spare wheel carrier to run the backbox (for centre exhausts) or pipe for single (each side) through, any powerflow dealer should be able to re-route it from the backbox so you don't have to not sure what the cost would be though
hope this helps

mark_GSi
02-05-03, 06:55 PM
for my centre exit i had the rear wheel wheel removed and a plate welded in place and painted for 50 quid!!!!

sorted, and it looks mint, had it like that for 2 years, no probs with MOT or nething :lol: :lol: 8)

ade
02-05-03, 07:59 PM
depends on wot you want - twin exit either side or twin exit centre.

Exit centre - easiest way is to remove the spare wheel (see above - good cost too!)

Side exit pipe if you wanna save a packet just make a "pretend one" - sounds cheesey but if done properly is very effective.
:D

Taking a length of hose down the car a little way will give the illusion of a twin exhaust without the major expense to anyone who looks under the car briefly - however may give it away in the winter months (no condensation clouds from a pretend one :roll: )

Otherwise you'll need to get an exhaust place to make you us a custom one - some run the pipe through the wheel arch rather than remove it completely!

Ade

Fester
03-05-03, 12:34 AM
50quid its not worth the hassle of doing it yourself for that price well decent!

wouldnt have thought u need to cut it out for an additional one on the offside

?Marty?
03-05-03, 03:45 AM
Centre exit: Yeah you need the spare-wheel well cut. Otherwise the exhaust would be so low, that it'd bottom out. And look shite.

Just get it completely removed, blanked off and undersealed/painted.

Twin exit: (one at either side) Custom made, so can be done with a pipe re-routed around the spare wheel well (and it's not going to be as low as a backbox under the it) rather than having it cut/blanked off.

adeyprude
03-05-03, 11:06 AM
I have had one made up at Powerflow, they just routed a pipe from the back box on the left around the back of the spare wheel well and joined to another box to keep a nice sound.

You will have to get the fuel pump relocated if its underneath, best bet is to pop it straight into the middle of the wheel well. That way you can still run a spare.

To get it out the centre get the well blanked off and bobs you uncle.

Powerflow charged me ?250 to do all the neccesary work and make up the exhausts from the centre box back to the twin rear cans. (BLOODY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY)

Get down there and speak to these boys.

Best of luck.

red_devil
03-05-03, 01:46 PM
i have a twin 4 inch centre exit exhaust from Ascar and it is not that low and its below the wheel well... however i only have a small back box in length and its all custom piped....

?210 fitted
Ascar Sheffield

Tilly
03-05-03, 08:00 PM
Thanks guys will be taking a trip to powerflow i think now.
x

Aragorn
09-05-03, 11:08 AM
im assuming this is gonna be even easier on a saloon cos of the boot?

i might give a local place a call and find out what they want for building a custom twin exit backbox for the saloon :D