PDA

View Full Version : lake district Shooting spree...

Annie
02-06-10, 09:10 PM
Just seen this on the news hope its not a repost, cant believe someone could do that what a nut job.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=153622327

Rexy
02-06-10, 09:13 PM
Madness aint it, He could of at least popped down to bolton for a few shots and a brew.

Not a million miles away from me either tbh, Have they sussed out why he did it yet?

John
02-06-10, 09:14 PM
saw this earlier, shocking tbf.

pikey1986
02-06-10, 09:15 PM
dont think so, i would imagine it'd take a few days of digging

Rexy
02-06-10, 09:15 PM
I heard on story he asked some lass for directions and shot her... Its like WTF. Something has really upset him.

pikey1986
02-06-10, 09:24 PM
i cant even imagine what would have to happen for someone to react in the way he did

John
02-06-10, 09:24 PM
he shot another guy who was just cutting his hedge apparently.

pikey1986
02-06-10, 09:26 PM
their's about 30 different 'incidents' in total

Asa-James
02-06-10, 09:37 PM
12 dead and 25 in hospital, 3 critical iirc

wwmnw
02-06-10, 10:05 PM
Shot his twin apparently, although you never know what's true.

Jon_nova1
02-06-10, 10:18 PM
heard about this on the news in work, wow how quick did everyones phone start going off with sick jokes:eek:

anyway, the gutless tw*t shot himself:roll:

wwmnw
02-06-10, 10:19 PM
I aint had no jokes yet :wtf:

Jon_nova1
02-06-10, 10:22 PM
people in work started moaning at around 9PM at the bad taste in jokes...don't worry, your not missing much

Dayle_
02-06-10, 11:12 PM
Heard about this today at work, shocking. worlds going mad.

claire6069
02-06-10, 11:15 PM
bet it was something to do with a woman or satanic rituals lol

mk1nova_rich
03-06-10, 12:03 AM
i think he was recently divorced or sumat?!

Connor
03-06-10, 02:23 AM
The bloke clearly had a few screws that must of loosened off

Pete
03-06-10, 11:48 AM
i heard about this yesturday, but agree the bloke had a screw loose, but im not being funny... he wouldn't do it for the fun of it, there's more to the story than what the press has up, police need to also investigate why he got to the stage he did....

claire6069
03-06-10, 06:29 PM
yeh the press will make him out to be a bad guy but at the end of the day its gotta be something proper drastic to make someone do that!! i actually pity the guy, he must have been fairly sane to know hes better off giving himself a bullet than go to prison lol

MattBrown
03-06-10, 06:39 PM
Exaclty.

Theres some propper ar5e holes around.

He seemed a decent guy, house, job, wife (ex) etc.

Seems something has really fked him up, and he has gone mad.

ash nova
03-06-10, 06:52 PM
not like the guy from bradford :S 'the crossbow cannibal' LOL

ash nova
03-06-10, 06:53 PM
lol

Pete
03-06-10, 08:13 PM
lol @ laughing at your own joke....

L14MNP
03-06-10, 08:24 PM
This is bad, no question. I haven't had any jokes (yet)!

It's possibly worse that every time I see the thread title I think it says' Lake District shopping spree' FFS. lol

ash nova
03-06-10, 08:27 PM
haha pete yea

Lynsey
03-06-10, 08:39 PM
RIP all those innocent victims. What a shame.

draper
03-06-10, 11:31 PM
tbh i cant believe the media aspect, parading 'survivors' over the papers/tv etc 24hours after the event ? absolutley disgraceful imho

its a tragedy, obviously but it should be investigated before stories surface surrounding it - a sad reminder of the times we live in ?

i have loads of jokes about it tho, i had material by 7pm last night lol

tommy8252
03-06-10, 11:44 PM
this is 10 miles up the road from me complete shocker and ive only heard one joke which is whats the quickest way to whitehaven...... A quick shootup the lake district

Lee
03-06-10, 11:49 PM
I was having a debate about this today. Does make you wonder about the human brain. I was of the opinion he had a loose screw buried deep, but my mate rekons he was just a normal bloke that was pushed too far by something.

I dont buy that myself, by that reasoning everyone on the planet is capable of picking up a gun and killing countless innocent people. He must have been wired up wrong somewhere along the production line. If not, then god help us all.

draper
03-06-10, 11:53 PM
I dont buy that myself, by that reasoning everyone on the planet is capable of picking up a gun and killing countless innocent people. He must have been wired up wrong somewhere along the production line. If not, then god help us all.

couldnt agree more lee. i have this argument endlessy about people who turn into an arsehole when drunk then blame the beer. the fact is they are arseholes already deep down. the human body/brain is an amazing piece of equipment and i doubt we as a race will ever unravel it

K24_STE
03-06-10, 11:53 PM
This was to close to home but it make you wander why this guy can lead a quite life then one morning wake up and do all this!
thorts go out to all the familys and friends of the victims!!

muzzy
03-06-10, 11:55 PM
I can only imagine that to go to the extremes of going around killing people at random he must have had some form of a mental problem. I don't think that anyone could just one day decide to go on a killing spree if they were of a sound mind.

The Sky reporter was terrible last night, she was blatantly putting words into the mouths of anyone she spoke to, I know that's they're job but she was getting nowhere other than making herself look like a total idiot.

Bubba
04-06-10, 12:23 AM
i have loads of jokes about it tho, i had material by 7pm last night lol

yes i believe i may have cracked one a little early :roll:

Sonny Jim
04-06-10, 10:24 AM
its crazy iv had taxis off him in the past on nights out! i even delivered a fireplace to his house a few months ago!! cant believe this has happened around here of all places.. darren rewcastle was one of the soundest guys around always shoutin "send it on!" when pullin up at the taxi rank . yeah id agree jokes are perhaps a wee bit early .

hc coupe
04-06-10, 11:23 AM
I don't find this "That" surprising tbh. I think the way we have built the world today puts tremendous pressure and strain on people, Enough to flip out...Most people just kill themselves when they hit rock bottom.

Not too shocked about it, sure we'll see similar things in the years to come.

claire6069
04-06-10, 12:00 PM
well at least hes out of his misery now, its just a shame for the misery hes left!

heard an awful joke this morning - the best bit of the lake district shooting spree was the guy giving himself the Boot.

took me a few seconds to catch on thats where they found his body lol

mowgli
04-06-10, 12:06 PM
my varied sense of humour doesn't cover events like this. there truly isn't anything funny about this..

this man had some serious anger over something, and shot some people he was angry with.... he then went killing random people & creating so much trauma & misery that if some stupid politician does some populist kneejerk banning of even more stuff law, will affect millions of perfectly sane, law abiding citizens.

claire6069
04-06-10, 12:09 PM
so you saying its guna turn more people crazy?!

Stuart
04-06-10, 12:15 PM
Perhaps they can make it so that he can blame X-Factor and Britains (not) got tallent for sending him over the edge and get those shows banned.... We can find a silver lining to this could surely!!! :d

claire6069
04-06-10, 12:23 PM
/\ lmao

mowgli
04-06-10, 12:26 PM
so you saying its guna turn more people crazy?!

these mass shooting people sort of get this idea that 'i've screwed it up, and ruined mine & the first victims life for good, so i might as well take a load more with me' the random victims families will start to wonder if their loved one had done something to cause them getting shot, had they on some way upset the shooter, and there will be this communal guilt thing going on, so hundreds if not thousands of people will be mentally screwed.....

then some ar$ehole in westminster will attempt to ban even more stuff etc......
it never stopped dunblane, or hungerford, and both of those involved legally held weapons.........

claire6069
04-06-10, 10:40 PM
you have a good point, i hate to admit it but logical thinking for a bloke lol