PDA

View Full Version : HELP c16se GSI engine being a pain

reid_em
01-06-10, 07:36 PM
need help sold my solid 1.6 8v engine when stripped my car and it was running like a dream sold it to a boy who has become a mate, and he asked me to fit it for him.
fitted engine over weekend went really smooth even thought the wiring went well ( i was told to wire it up like a redtop so here is what i done)

red live into gsi loom from battery

black ignition wire into black ignition wire from gsi loom

red/blue to red and blue for fuel pump

blue to blue for water temp.

and ran a new wire from coil to dash for revs.

engine was running perfectly fine until black ignition wire become loose on relay and gave me many problems as was getting no spark or fuel. replaced reley and plug so that should have eluminated that problem. but now the relay is making a buzzing noise and engine still will not start. it seems to turn over perfectly fine just wont ignite and start up. the boy is getting a bit aggitated as i am sure i would be and becuase i know the engine runs sweet as want to help him get it runnning any one had anything like this before all help welcome thanks

let_nova
01-06-10, 07:39 PM
change the relay!

reid_em
01-06-10, 07:41 PM
engine was running perfectly fine until black ignition wire become loose on relay and gave me many problems as was getting no spark or fuel. replaced reley

comptoncj
01-06-10, 08:04 PM
Have you got the correct relay, and have you got it correctly fitted?

Sloth
01-06-10, 08:21 PM
if its buzzing its a duff relay, to test bridge the red/blue to the red live and it shoud run the pump and fire up.

reid_em
01-06-10, 08:30 PM
but wont the black ignition still need to be connected some how to get the spark

Sloth
01-06-10, 09:01 PM
just put the ign live straight to the battery positive, when you wanna turn the motor off disconnect it.

reid_em
02-06-10, 06:36 PM
just 2 mk it mre complicated fnd out 2dai car has fuel at rail and a spark this is so weired

Damo
02-06-10, 09:25 PM
just 2 mk it mre complicated fnd out 2dai car has fuel at rail and a spark this is so weired

What????

Sounds like the injectors arent opening tbh mate id try a new relay just to make sure as i dont know if they control the injectors on the small blocks tbh.