View Full Version : fuel pump problems

swedge
01-06-10, 12:16 PM
i am totally confused now

if i run my fuel pump straight from a battery it runs fine

if i run it from the ecu via the blu/red wire it wont run the pump

if i run it from the battery and check the blue/red wire for voltage i get 14v

the pump is earthed on a spare battery at the moment while i fix this problem

when i run it from the battery i get voltage before my inline fuse on the wire to the battery after the fuse and at the end of the wire

its only when i connect it to the pump i get no voltage

the relay is clicking when it starts but the engine dosnt prime not sure if it should

its a c14xe conversion from a 1.0

AlexW
01-06-10, 12:47 PM
Hang on, You need to earth the fuel pump on the car/battery on the car, otherwise there is no circuit!

swedge
01-06-10, 12:51 PM
thank you ill go try it now

swedge
01-06-10, 01:05 PM
it works :) thanks for that now just to figure out why my fuel pump os noisy as feck

AlexW
01-06-10, 01:05 PM
lack of fuel, or its in the wrong place.

swedge
01-06-10, 01:11 PM
plenty fuel and i dont have it in the usual place though but it is on rubber mounts

mowgli
01-06-10, 02:14 PM
external mounted pumps are meant to be noisy..... if you have the fuel lines on the wrong way round, they can be proper noisy though as the fuel won't go backwards thru the regulator.

i'm assuming you've got the resistor wire thingy from the ignition switch sorted out & replaced..

General Baxter
01-06-10, 02:48 PM
two batterys, you trying to make a 24v nova ? lol

MattBrown
01-06-10, 03:11 PM
Fuking lol at it not being on the shell lol

swedge
01-06-10, 04:41 PM
external mounted pumps are meant to be noisy..... if you have the fuel lines on the wrong way round, they can be proper noisy though as the fuel won't go backwards thru the regulator.

i'm assuming you've got the resistor wire thingy from the ignition switch sorted out & replaced..

yeah but its really noisy you can hear it way over the engine, its plumbed in the correct way as well

ill unbolt it and then run it and see if it makes a difference

swedge
01-06-10, 04:42 PM
Fuking lol at it not being on the shell lol

lol thinking about it now makes me feel dumb lol

Stuart
01-06-10, 04:45 PM
dont worry, he lost a green for that.

we all make mistakes :)

swedge
01-06-10, 04:49 PM

never touched that wire i used a switched live from the rear of the fuse box

mowgli
01-06-10, 04:59 PM
never touched that wire i used a switched live from the rear of the fuse box

have you tested it with the starter churning over????? because there are very few switched l;ive wires that are on during the starting phase.... it could save you hours of head scratching.

swedge
01-06-10, 05:04 PM
yep i get a constant voltage it dosnt drop when turning over, not sure what its from i just went through the wires and checked them all

mowgli
01-06-10, 06:20 PM
thats fine then.

MattBrown
01-06-10, 06:50 PM
dont worry, he lost a green for that.

we all make mistakes :)

Yeah, but sh!t the bed thats a poor onelol