PDA

View Full Version : 1.5TD Nova boost problem

Mucker_TD
01-06-10, 10:14 AM
I've done the White ring MOD aswell as fitting a bleed valve coming off the turbo and a boost gauge connected to the pipe that Is connected to the inlet manifold.

I did all this about 6 months ago and I was running 15psi and it was running sweet. Then I took it off the road up until nw. It's now all running however it won't boost above 4psi? I haven't changed a thing, I've taken off the bleed valve and cleaned it up, there's no boost leaks to be found either.

Any ideas on wat next to check? Matt

Welsh Dan
01-06-10, 04:27 PM
Is the turbo spinning freely?

Balley
01-06-10, 05:20 PM
Have a look to see if the waste gate is siezed open,...
If its fine pull the pipe off the waste gate and goe for a spin?
Check the turbo is not siezed, maybe a flush might help if it is slightly

Mucker_TD
01-06-10, 06:57 PM
Yep turbo is spinning freely (just checked) so isnt seized

and the wastegate isnt seized open, just put an airline down the pipe to the actuator and it moves as it should.

I am out of ideas!

Balley
01-06-10, 07:05 PM
Is your gauge knackered?

Mucker_TD
01-06-10, 07:06 PM
Is your gauge knackered?

No the gauge is fine, i can tell its not boosting right because its slower than it was when it was standard (i.e not modded)

Balley
01-06-10, 07:07 PM
Is it smoking?

Mucker_TD
01-06-10, 07:08 PM
nope, no more than usual anyway!

comptoncj
01-06-10, 07:10 PM
IIRC the fuelling controls the boost? have you got a fuel problem, ie water in the fuel or a blocked fuel filter etc.

Balley
01-06-10, 07:16 PM
Yeh try what Comptoncj says, Drain the filter,.. tryin runing the fuel direct from say a small can??

Mucker_TD
01-06-10, 07:25 PM
IIRC the fuelling controls the boost? have you got a fuel problem, ie water in the fuel or a blocked fuel filter etc.

I have had a fuelling problem where the plunger wasnt put back in the correct position when attempting the white ring mod in the fuel pump?

I sourced on the net how to put it back correctly and i have done as they say but it is still the same as before. Could this possibly be my problem?

Balley
01-06-10, 07:45 PM
Sounds that way matey