PDA

View Full Version : Side strip fitting

Matty Winslade
31-05-10, 11:26 PM
Hello all, basicly I've just had new viynl fitted on my mk1 SR
the guy who did it was trusted to do a good job which turned out to be
piss poor..... As the viynl was to high by about two inches ... Meaning that the rub strips don't fit properly...anyway ... That's sorted now they have been trimmed:) I was just wondering though what can I use to put the rubber side strips back on ????? Anyone done this b4? Cheers guys
matt

nova_saloon
31-05-10, 11:38 PM
double sided foam cat body tape. what i use, works a treat, doesnt weather

16v Nova Kev
31-05-10, 11:40 PM
pics of new vinyal.

Matty Winslade
01-06-10, 09:48 AM
pics of new vinyal.

yes ill put some up tonight :) and i had the whole car re-sprayed and i got the viynl off a guy on e-bay , hes a good fella and sold me both side viynls for £60 , they look ok but the only problem is that they are a little bit too light grey ...idealy they need to be darker .....thats another thing ......lol ..how can i make em a bit darker ...like boot polish or somthing ? ..and nova saloon...cAt foam tape! ok pal :thumb: can u PM me some pics of what urs look like re-fitted as the body shop that did mine used pussy foam tape and they peeled off and looked **** so can u post some pics please pal and where would i get that from :) ..thanks pal

Matty Winslade
01-06-10, 01:06 PM
Yeah so anyone else fitted their rubstrips back on ? using ?
and i have replica viynls since i had the car resprayed and they need to be a little darker is there anything i can use to darken it up?
is that U-POL stuff just for bumpers or could i use it to darken the viynls ??:) thanks