PDA

View Full Version : equal length driveshafts

stt
31-05-10, 09:48 PM
Since buying my new exhaust manifold i am now in the position where i have to run an equal length driveshaft setup.

After doing a quick search it seems the source of the shafts (CAM) has gone bust so where can you get them from?

I'm currently running custom made shafts but still use the small block outers (as when i first did the conversion back in 1997 i didnt know about using gte shafts and cav 1.6 inners!) so i assume i'll need to get my hubs machined to accomodate bigger wheel bearings

djbrowney
31-05-10, 09:53 PM
first you need to upgarde to big block outer cv's and buy a shaft from david dixion buddy !!!

stt
31-05-10, 09:55 PM
so i assume i'll need to get my hubs machined to accomodate bigger wheel bearings

Is it just a case of turning out the middle of the hub to the size of a big block wheel bearing and using a big block flange?

thats great i'll get hold of him,

Thanks

Damo
31-05-10, 09:56 PM
Since buying my new exhaust manifold i am now in the position where i have to run an equal length driveshaft setup.

After doing a quick search it seems the source of the shafts (CAM) has gone bust so where can you get them from?

I'm currently running custom made shafts but still use the small block outers (as when i first did the conversion back in 1997 i didnt know about using gte shafts and cav 1.6 inners!) so i assume i'll need to get my hubs machined to accomodate bigger wheel bearings

Theres a lad on here called david dixon hes the guy you need to speak to regarding the equal length setup.

But regards to the bearings you can buy the big block hubs already machined to accomodate nova bearings or you can get them machined yourself whichevers easier for you.

stt
31-05-10, 10:55 PM
i've dropped him a pm over on vauxsport