PDA

View Full Version : e16se engine into 1.2 carbed nova

Nathan-D
31-05-10, 06:42 PM
just got an e16se engine to fit into my 1.2 carbed nova. not stripped anything out yet as i want to get the new engine up to spec planning on gettin kent cam and vernier pulley, 4-1 manifold,new bearing shells, stronger conrods bolts,new piston rings and head ported and polished. currently got the engine in the shed and started stripping ancillaries off, got the engine with no camblet on so im unsure on where i need the crank and cam pulleys to line up. do i need to line these up before i take the head off or can i just set it up after all the work has been done?

Also i got an f13 box which is a w418, what are peoples preferences in boxes? what wil give me best power. heard the c418's are best

does anyone have a link to a guide on how to overhaul the engine and fit into car?

mowgli
31-05-10, 06:51 PM
get the light blue haynes book, its the best for rebuild info.

the engine is a straight swap for your old one, every mechanical component fits straight in. the wiring is a little tricky, have a hunt about in the electrical section..its been explained loads of times.

Nathan-D
31-05-10, 07:40 PM
cheers matey! ive got the green 1 probs wer im goin wrong then

any preferences on gearboxes?

mk1nova_rich
31-05-10, 08:29 PM
take the head off as it is, everythings marked up to align the timing easily enough.

I would go for the C418 mate

JamesXP
31-05-10, 08:39 PM
The engine has no timing belt, the top cam is marked, but we're unsure on the crank part of things

mowgli
01-06-10, 04:20 PM
the timing mark is on the alternator pulley on the front of the crank iirc

Nathan-D
01-06-10, 05:21 PM
is there a big difference in c418 and w418? i no that the cr boxes are quicker off the line but just wondering if it makes alot of difference?

mowgli
01-06-10, 06:17 PM
basically, the 4th gear in the w box is the same as the 5th gear in the c box, and the 1sts are about the same, so there are 3 gears in the c box, between 1st & top but only 2 in the w box, and there is an economy overdrive

Nathan-D
01-06-10, 06:26 PM
ive got the number for autovaux for standard parts like piston rings,shells and gaskets. But is there any particular place i can buy upgrade parts lyk conrod bolts and vernier pulley. what cam wud u reccomend?

mowgli
01-06-10, 06:41 PM
arp rod bolts are imported by arrow. in hinckley, leics....
see someone like kent cams or piper for a decent cam & vernier

mk1nova_rich
01-06-10, 06:58 PM
try ebay or the parts for sale section on here for secondhand uprated engine parts, there is always people trying to sell them. Also watch your "text typing" as it will get you banned - just a heads up :thumb:

Nathan-D
01-06-10, 07:12 PM
sorry mate! force of habbit!