PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak problem & gearbox knock?

auzzy-b
31-05-10, 05:40 PM
I have a really bad oil leak coming from behind the crank pulley on the xe.. Wipped it off and the hub the pulley bolts to isn't running true? It's on the wobble! I guess I'll have to take the cambelt off so I can remove it to check what's going on, Is this possible whilst the engines in the car? My guess is the pump seals gone because of it

And I noticed there's a slight knocking noise coming from the gearbox! Almost sounds as if something is loose in there? But what could it be?? The spindles etc sit on bearings so do you think it could just be that one has worn?

Damo
31-05-10, 05:45 PM
I have a really bad oil leak coming from behind the crank pulley.. Wipped it off and the hub the pulley bolts to isn't running true? It's on the wobble! I guess I'll have to take the cambelt off so I can remove it to check what's going on, Is this possible whilst the engines in the car? My guess is the pump seals gone because of it

And I noticed there's a slight knocking noise coming from the gearbox! Almost sounds as if something is loose in there? But what could it be?? The spindles etc sit on bearings so do you think it could just be that one has worn?

What pulley do you mean auzzy the 6 bolt outer one? if so wouldnt have though it would have caused the seal to go. You can take the bet off with the engine in situ too like normal.

Sounds like you have a noisy thrust bearing mate in the box.

auzzy-b
31-05-10, 05:59 PM
What pulley do you mean auzzy the 6 bolt outer one? if so wouldnt have though it would have caused the seal to go. You can take the bet off with the engine in situ too like normal.

Sounds like you have a noisy thrust bearing mate in the box.
Yea the crank pulley oils coming out from behind there? It's coming out like a greeny yellow colour?
And the thrust bearing is brand new, sounds as thou it's coming from the gears end of the box?