PDA

View Full Version : Polybushes + Exhaust

spunkeymonkey
31-05-10, 06:45 AM
Two questions,

1. where is the best place to get polybushes from?? cheep but obviously decent ones i.e. powerflex

2. what are the diferences between the hatch and saloon exhaust systems? as i am planning on getting an ashley rally system but obviously a hatch one wont be long enough

cheers, ollie

Andy
31-05-10, 07:36 AM
Polybushes goes entirely on matter of personal opinion/experiences
Many swear by Powerflex,im about to use the orange flo flex ones off ebay that are alot cheaper.Alot of people use Rally Design?? i think it is also,theyre red iirc
The exhaust? well you answered your own question lol

spunkeymonkey
31-05-10, 07:54 AM
yer good point, i didnt read through that before posting it, i forgot to finish the question, does anybody know where i can ge a custom system i.e. ashley etc. or would a standard one fit and then just weld a bit on the end???

Graeme
31-05-10, 08:00 AM
A saloon exhaust is only longer after the rear box ie the tail pipe, iirc there was never a off the shelf exhaust for the saloon, all the ones I have seen have either been full custom is powerflow etc or an extended hatch system, which if your going for Ashley will just be a piece of similar bore mild steel tube about 400 mm long, which can be bought of ebay

Mieran
31-05-10, 08:23 AM
I've got my poly bushes from rally design, they are the cheapest iirc.

To be honest I didn't feel any difference, maybe because there was nothing wrong with my standard GM ones but if yours are worn then might as well upgrade to poly.

mk1nova_rich
31-05-10, 08:52 AM
Mine are the orange Flo-flex jobbies all round which seem good for the money. The fronts were already fitted to a set of GTE tie bars and plated bottom arms so fitting that little lot gave a noticeable increase in handling performance. I have a rear set fitted but i know some people dont bother with rear polybushes so you might not notice that much difference with them fitted.

John
31-05-10, 08:57 AM
rally design for the bushes everytime! Same quality as powerflex, for half the price!

djbrowney
31-05-10, 08:58 AM
as greame said its just the back box thats differnt, i have one for sale :)

rallys designs bushes (red) are a lot stuffer then the ones from flow fex/ powerfelx !!!