PDA

View Full Version : I told him...

Rysee
30-05-10, 10:32 PM
it was silly... I told him it would be dangerous... I told even told him it'd hurt...

...He told me to film

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/th_30052010023.jpg (http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/?action=view&current=30052010023.flv)

craig green
30-05-10, 10:35 PM
LOL.
No spring compressors FTL.

He looked sh*t scared winding it off. Pussy!

Rysee
30-05-10, 10:36 PM
LOL.
No spring compressors FTL.

He looked sh*t scared winding it off. Pussy!

He didn't even believe me it would fly off

t45_ste
30-05-10, 10:38 PM
I once did the topmounts on a golf tdi thinking there was a plate underneath that held the spring.

Put the air gun on it and buzzed it off, nearly shat myself. They are long springs. lol

Benn
30-05-10, 10:38 PM
I hope next time it breaks his hand.

Rysee
30-05-10, 10:59 PM
I hope next time it breaks his hand.

That's a bit harsh really

Lee
30-05-10, 11:04 PM

Not really. He's a tool. If he got a spring embedded in his eyeball, i'm pretty sure you wouldn't be finding it so funny (especially if it was your spring lol)

Accidents are accidents, but in that case he was asking for it lol

novalovingned
30-05-10, 11:04 PM
lmfao. I was laughing before it was even undone lol

Rysee
30-05-10, 11:06 PM
lmfao. I was laughing before it was even undone lol

I was laughing at him for even doing it

I know i was staying well out of it, he is a tool

Benn
30-05-10, 11:06 PM

What if it hit some? Say his mum or little sister? All because he thought it would be cool to video him doing it...

Its stuff like that that get innocent people hurt.

muzzy
30-05-10, 11:09 PM
**** that, seen it happen before and the result wasn't as funny.

Rysee
30-05-10, 11:10 PM
What if it hit some? Say his mum or little sister? All because he thought it would be cool to video him doing it...

No it was video'd because he was doing it, it wasn't done to be video'd, I said to him when this all goes wrong I'm going to wish I'd got you being a tit on camera so he said film it.

Nobody was in the way, it's pretty clear where it was going hence me stood behind him

claire6069
30-05-10, 11:10 PM
hope thats a lesson well learnt for him!!

tom reid
30-05-10, 11:16 PM
Who gives a flying spring if he hurts himself, I was too busy wating for his troosers to fall down, revealing a JLo type asslol

Rysee
30-05-10, 11:21 PM
Who gives a flying spring if he hurts himself, I was too busy wating for his troosers to fall down, revealing a JLo type asslol
Single gayest post on PNG this week... And that's saying something lol

MK999
30-05-10, 11:22 PM
Single gayest post on PNG this week... And that's saying something lol

You've obviously not met Mr Reid before lol

Spudly
31-05-10, 02:22 AM

Thats exactly what i thought, what if someone had been walking past with their little kids or something like that since he had to run into the road to retrieve part of it that 'part' couldve easily launched through a passing cars window and seriously hurt the driver/occupants, that had the potential to go massively wrong, its just lucky that it didnt:eek:

Rysee
31-05-10, 07:15 AM
Thats exactly what i thought, what if someone had been walking past with their little kids or something like that since he had to run into the road to retrieve part of it that 'part' couldve easily launched through a passing cars window and seriously hurt the driver/occupants, that had the potential to go massively wrong, its just lucky that it didnt:eek:

The top mount went barely further than the spring, but rolled down the drive. I understand what you're saying though

Andy
31-05-10, 07:27 AM
not the time or the place really

Graeme
31-05-10, 07:44 AM
I found it funny but wouldn't of if some one had been serious hurt and tbh you should of know you were going to get mixed replies, you might of well said your planning on running a undeclared engine conversion

Jeff16v
31-05-10, 08:18 AM
All good fun in the right conditions, inside a dog kennel etc. Not outside. One things that hurts more than a spring in the face is the damage caused when it goes wrong. Try unwinding it up his bottomlol

Balley
31-05-10, 08:22 AM
loon,..

My boss has a decent scar on his face from a spring coming out the compressor!!!

Sloth
31-05-10, 11:09 AM
i worked with a guy who had a spring compressor snap, 4 broken ribs......

needless to say, what muppet in the vid did, deserves a slap...

Mike
31-05-10, 11:15 AM
Your mate is a full on cock!! Im aware people do things for the sake of comedy but seriously, fcuk doing it with shock aborbers & compressed springs!

I got hit in the ribs but a top mount that fired of a Peugeot Partner front shock absorder. It bounced off a fridge freezer & put me clean on my ass in lots of pain! The spring compressor jumped off, launching the shock out of a vice while the spring fired across a workshop & a top mount hit me.

Ive also seen a coilover spring go throught a breeze block wall.

Andy
31-05-10, 12:29 PM
Ive also seen a coilover spring go throught a breeze block wall.
Must have been them shizzle Celcon ones that you cut with a hacksaw surely lol

Rysee
31-05-10, 01:59 PM
Hopefully he will never do this again. I'm thinking even using a spring compressor i'd
angle it away from me, some shocking stories

burgo
31-05-10, 02:04 PM
i still maintain the safest way is to undo the top mount whilst the car is still on the ground with the full weight of the car compressing the spring

Rysee
31-05-10, 02:07 PM
i still maintain the safest way is to undo the top mount whilst the car is still on the ground with the full weight of the car compressing the spring
That's how i'd do a Nova but a mk6 fiesta the strut tops are too far back and couldn't get to them
maybe it was a not having the right tool fail

Lewis.
31-05-10, 02:30 PM
we had a spring come out of a compressor at work, it went right through a stack of plastic shelves and then through the side of a (full) 40 gallon oil drum :eek: i was not ammused lol

and lol at mr reid

(in fact, i shall preserve that for ever more as a sig lol)

Ernie
31-05-10, 03:11 PM
He should of undone it between his legs.Atlease then when then spring shot off it may of stopped him from ever breeding.
What would he of done if the bits had hit a passing car or person.
Not big not clever in my books.

Lewis.
31-05-10, 03:25 PM
^^ lol at stopping him from breeding

Ernie
31-05-10, 03:30 PM
you know it would make sence..

Spudly
31-05-10, 05:35 PM
maybe it was a not having the right tool fail

No you definately had a right tool lol

novaguy08
31-05-10, 05:49 PM
Oh dear, what a dangleberry he was being!

Yes in the correct conditions, yes maybe a giggle, however outside, pointing at a public road?? oh dear indeed!

NovaLad
31-05-10, 06:18 PM
Tool.

MattBrown
31-05-10, 06:22 PM
lol

Seems funny, as most things do, untill they go wrong.

Still piss funny though lol

I do them, strut in a vice, with a mate leaning against them with a duvet inbetween, done agood 8 cars now, never had an issue:thumb:

mowgli
31-05-10, 06:32 PM
if you don't have a spring compressor kit, then just undo it on the car & then jack it up to remove it...............

MattBrown
31-05-10, 06:34 PM
if you don't have a spring compressor kit, then just undo it on the car & then jack it up to remove it...............

Yup, I mean when we don't have them on a car.

There can be a hell of alot of force behind the springs.

Very dangerous,:wtf:

mowgli
31-05-10, 06:39 PM
you should try working in a truck dealership & have a customer bring in a half dismantled springbrake unit & slap it on the counter facing you........ people have been killed by them...... it got him to put it out in the yard & we got the forklift & stuck a test weight on top of it.....when i'd stopped panicking, i reassembled it.....just imagine the forces needed to put the handbrake on on a 44t truck.......car springs are weak in comparison

MattBrown
31-05-10, 06:43 PM
you should try working in a truck dealership & have a customer bring in a half dismantled springbrake unit & slap it on the counter facing you........ people have been killed by them...... it got him to put it out in the yard & we got the forklift & stuck a test weight on top of it.....when i'd stopped panicking, i reassembled it.....just imagine the forces needed to put the handbrake on on a 44t truck.......car springs are weak in comparison

Panicing FTL!

Just work through it, using pikey methods like a fork trucklol

mowgli
31-05-10, 06:46 PM
springbrakes are made from 2 castings with an enormous conical washer to hold the inner inside the outer casting. the spring has about 8T of power in it. to dismantle one properly, you put it in a hydraulic press & then pop the washer out. this bloke had been playing with a crowbar & a hammer

Lewis.
31-05-10, 06:48 PM
damn beaten to it :(

Rob
31-05-10, 07:03 PM
is this the missus lol

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/emma.jpg

photobucket lock ftl

MattBrown
31-05-10, 07:06 PM
Body of a 12 year old lol

All the kids toys? seems strange lol

Mike
31-05-10, 07:16 PM
springbrakes are made from 2 castings with an enormous conical washer to hold the inner inside the outer casting. the spring has about 8T of power in it. to dismantle one properly, you put it in a hydraulic press & then pop the washer out. this bloke had been playing with a crowbar & a hammer

Fook that :eek:

Connor
31-05-10, 07:16 PM
lol owned, good find novafusion :thumb:

NovaLad
31-05-10, 07:19 PM
lol @ checking if the account was locked...

As said a bit worrying with all the kid toys about lol

nova_saloon
31-05-10, 07:24 PM
thoose things can be leathal, always compress them can take your hand off. there under so much tension! go through a door.

JamesXP
31-05-10, 09:10 PM
I daren't post any pics on here in fear of someone raping my PB

lol

novaguy08
31-05-10, 09:11 PM
Sorry, how did this thread get from a dangleberry undoing a strut without spring compressors to picture of woman?

Jeff16v
31-05-10, 09:26 PM
my brother in law used to work for a firm that restored Aston Martin's, the spring compressors weren't long enough to fully un-wind so they had to through it in the yard a couple of times for it to come off.

One time it went straight over the roof of the unit and went straight through an ice cream truck rooflol

Rysee
31-05-10, 09:34 PM
How am i owned? You have a photo...

Look through all you want i'll bung some more pics up. And no not the missus. Shes 27