PDA

View Full Version : door handles

Dave
02-05-03, 11:30 AM
what do i do about the door handles on me nova? i don't want to remove an flush them but want something less 'clumpy' on the door has anyone done this before an which others will fit?

novamark
02-05-03, 12:27 PM
the orange one thats been in magazines had audi 80 doorhandles. i think cavalier door handles can look good too.

Chris LR
02-05-03, 12:37 PM
Heres an ideal, don't have any......

novamark
02-05-03, 12:50 PM
i was thinkin of doin that to mine, what mods would i need to do? just get central locking and an alarm that opens doors or what?

Alex
02-05-03, 12:56 PM
same method as a boot release solenoid. You must have a method of opening the doors (ie a button) on the actual car to pass an MOT

novamark
02-05-03, 12:57 PM
where do most peeps put that?

Nova-Boy
02-05-03, 12:59 PM
Thats a good question but will anybody tell you cos you might be able to brake in to it easier if they knew that. I supose the button wont work unless the alarm has been de-activated??

Dave
02-05-03, 02:07 PM
i don't want to remove an flush them but
:roll:

Nova-Boy
02-05-03, 02:23 PM
:o :lol:

Dave
02-05-03, 02:29 PM
tvr's come with out door handles there is a button under the wing mirror to open them
an the door won't undo unless the remote is activated to unlock the doors

novamark
02-05-03, 03:38 PM
coolio. it wasnt me who suggested to di it, i jus read it and agreed it looks good and inquired. lol. 8)

ade
02-05-03, 07:45 PM
yeah the door handles are clumpy but if yer gonna dehandle the car you may as well flush the handles - you gotta fill/weld a plate over the hole where the handle used to be anyway.

Flushed ones look good. But to be honest just colour code them. i did it to mine and they look well smart.

Theyre still there but just blend in and dont look all sticky outey!

A hell of a lot cheaper than dehandling/flushing and if at a later date you wanna flush.dehandle you can - no bother!

Ade
:wink:

?Marty?
03-05-03, 03:54 AM
Fitting 'sleeker' handles is just as much work as de-handling.

Buttons - makes no difference where they are/if people know, as it's the same as having a door handle. Wont do anything if you pull the handle/press the button whilst the car is locked.

Most are fitted under the mirror (BUT, what happens if someone rips your mirrors off, and the wires are pulled, so you cant connect the loose ends to complete the circuit i.e. to pop the door open!?)

They work the same as central locking/boot re-lease solenoids. Just pull the door release rod, rather than the central locking one. There's a number of different ways of wiring them up/having them activated.

The MoT requirement is quite amusing, as most people who do this end up 'hiding' the buttons. But the requirement is so that emergency services can open the door in an emergency, but even if you have a button, then they may not know there is one/or be able to find it. Since if you're incapable of pulling the door latch from the inside, you're prob incapable of telling them about the door release buttons location.