PDA

View Full Version : ax gt spoiler - fitting

frog_southampton
02-05-03, 09:39 AM
can get hold of an ax gt spoiler coz m8's just crashed his...

just woundering - has anyone got one on their car?

how did ya fit it?

any pics?

Nova-Boy
02-05-03, 09:55 AM
I have seen pics of novas with AX GT spoilers. Looks ok. Get it off him, I'm sure it will go on with a bit of a fiddle.

Jim
02-05-03, 10:56 AM
Do you have the Mk1 or Mk2 spoiler on your car? The Mk2 one is fitted via a couple of holes drilled through the top part of the boot. You might need to drill a couple of new holes depending how the AXGT one lines up.

Jim

?Marty?
03-05-03, 04:12 AM
Step one - get ax spoiler.

Step two - get ax.

Step three - fit the ax spoiler to the ax. Leaving it off the nova, as they look crap. No offence, but the spoiler is fitted in a different place on an ax (correct me if i'm wrong, as i don't pay any attention to ax's, but it's fitted through the rear screen itself) whilst on the nova it seems to be stuck at the top of the tailgate/on the roof (or even on top of the gsi spoiler) and looks crap as the angle is all wrong.

Don't bother.

geordie_racer
09-05-03, 02:50 PM
this is easily done although the ax spoiler won't line up with ne existing holes. i just got a mate 2 hold it up 2 the boot got it where i wanted and drew round the legs and marked the screw hole, then drilled the holes and secured with nuts + bolts.
as 4 a pic this is a really good 1, look under sullie's nova

http://www.sw-cc.com/