PDA

View Full Version : have i just screwed up?

ste porter
30-05-10, 03:52 PM
just listed my green nova on ebay and im already having second thoughts because i have just thrown it to the wolfs just wanted everyones opinion good or bad idea

craig green
30-05-10, 03:53 PM
Its only a car man, if you need it gone, you need to advertise it.

GLWS. :thumb:

Graeme
30-05-10, 03:54 PM
I can already see the green neons and chrome rims lol

Spudly
30-05-10, 03:55 PM
Yes you have, i still say you should keep it, even if you have to sell it, keep it till simon can afford it back, and if he dont want it back go round and whisper in his ear all night 'buy it back' 'buy it back' every night till he rings you up and says 'ey up ste, sell us that nova back' lol

AlexW
30-05-10, 03:57 PM
Spud didnt he say he wouldnt want it back? Like getting back with a ex etc.

If you loved the car that much, you wouldnt have clicked on ebay. Simple enough really.

Spudly
30-05-10, 04:02 PM
Pass i dont know on that one and in all fairness to Ste he doesnt want to get rid its just it never gets used and although this will keep it in tip top condition, its a waste of a car as he see's it so might aswell sell it on to someone who will get more use from it!

NOVA_LEE
30-05-10, 04:03 PM
is that a novadosekit i can see, what about the dust bin exhaust aswell???

all good work has to come to an end:thumb:

ste porter
30-05-10, 04:04 PM
Spud didnt he say he wouldnt want it back? Like getting back with a ex etc.

If you loved the car that much, you wouldnt have clicked on ebay. Simple enough really.

Steve, might help you with the sale...

My original project thread:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95357

I'd be damn tempted to take it back, as Steve has only done what I had planned to do to the car when I had it, add some SBD's and its not short of a show stopper. Anything I can help with I can.

:p

thats what he had to say on it and i have already spoke to him about it

novait
30-05-10, 04:07 PM
what where/are you thinking.. silly silly man... :( :(

Saloony
30-05-10, 04:09 PM
My nova hasnt really seen good use since Billing. Am i gonna sell it... nah whats the point, never going to get your money back, wont be respected by the next person and whilst its just sitting there whats it loosing in value and running cost, nothing.

AlexW
30-05-10, 04:12 PM
My nova hasnt really seen good use since Billing. Am i gonna sell it... nah whats the point, never going to get your money back, wont be respected by the next person and whilst its just sitting there whats it loosing in value and running cost, nothing.

I agree, Novas are going up in price it seems too.

Ste - i did see that, but im sure i read it elsewhere :p

ste porter
30-05-10, 04:13 PM
i just dont want to see it waste away like alot of them have do and will i want to see it get used and to be honest it 2.5k that has a better use at the minute

AlexW
30-05-10, 04:18 PM
carcoon ;)

Paul
30-05-10, 04:31 PM
if your selling it, your selling it, are you actually bothered what happens to it if you get the money you want?

I couldnt give a toss if mine got rallied, broken, crashed, smashed up with an axe or anything if i got the money i wanted for it.

mowgli
30-05-10, 04:35 PM
i'm sure you could make another one in the future if you miss it that much..... but its your car at the end of the day....

just run a thread with questions from potential buyers for our enjoyment

Lewis.
30-05-10, 05:05 PM
if your selling it, your selling it, are you actually bothered what happens to it if you get the money you want?

I couldnt give a toss if mine got rallied, broken, crashed, smashed up with an axe or anything if i got the money i wanted for it.

its not a nice feeling though finding out your old car has been smashed up. my astra got written off 3 days after i sold it and i was gutted. even though i'd been paid for it, it still felt like a loss :(

Dan
30-05-10, 05:12 PM

I wont even try to better that comment, its spot on :thumb: :wisewood: :thumb:

Mike
30-05-10, 05:18 PM
I wont even try to better that comment, its spot on :thumb: :wisewood: :thumb:

+2 I couldnt give a monkeys whats happened to my old cars lol

MattBrown
30-05-10, 05:19 PM
If its forsale, its forsale to ANYONE with the coins.

If I had bought it, it would have had a let put in it, and the ass hammered out of it, but thats just me lol

Andy
30-05-10, 05:21 PM

If I had bought it, it would have had a let put in it, and the ass hammered out of it, but thats just me lol
Isnt that the reason why we all have Nova's??? To drive them enthusiasticly?? Because when doing so theyre fun and its good???

Jack
30-05-10, 05:56 PM
I felt a bit the same when I sold my first Nova, but forgot all about it when I got the Celica lol

muzzy
30-05-10, 06:46 PM
Unfortunately quite often when you sell a car the new owner doesn't look after it, either at all or up to the same standard as you would. But you never know it may end up going to a good home, even through Ebay.

claire6069
30-05-10, 07:50 PM

just because you have something for sale and someone else has the money, its not the law to give them the goods and take the 'coins'!!

did you not read his for sale thread?! what you said you'd do to it is exactly why he wouldnt sell it to someone with those ideas!!

ste porter
30-05-10, 11:47 PM
i dont have to sell it thats the point and as most of you know it is defenatly one of the best nick un welded shells around its not the money point of view thats the deciding factor its more letting someone take over the reins when it comes to looking after it

when i do drive it i drive it very spirited but after i have had it out it gets part dismantled i.e skirts bumpers wheels ect off cleaned put back and re covered up in a warm dry dehumidified garage

The thing is after all the time effort ect i have put in (not money as it realy hasnt cost alot) to get it to what it is and keep it like it. it would be a real kick in the teeth to see it get a set of tsw venoms a motor sport sunstrip house stereo speakers thrown in the boot and the stench of stale sick from some chav spewing in the back

The reason i have priced it so high is because that tends to put people that dont apreciate it for what it is off and people who do will be able to make a sensable offer based upon the understanding of the whole point of the car.
if you think its over priced this isnt the car for you in other words

theres always going to be people that dissagree but if it was a sport in the same condition would you have the same view?

no matter how you sugar coat it novas are now an endangered species and if you dont think examples like my green one should be saved from exstinction then are you realy an enthusiast? or some one that owns and likes them?

Sloth
30-05-10, 11:57 PM
well said/\

SRimon
31-05-10, 12:00 AM
Hmmmmm.....if I could store two, or sell the SR maybe I would - but I don't really wanna sell the SR so soon.

Such a good shell, i'd love it for a keeper.

I'll still offer the SR in a deal - wouldn't be so bad to sell the SR on then lol.

JShannon
31-05-10, 12:33 AM
Rio verde ftw

man I love this motor!, if it is no financial strain to you keep her in a garage until you have the time to use it!!!!

Joe:thumb:

Benn
31-05-10, 10:00 AM
Its just a Nova.. Why are you so funny over it?

Edd
31-05-10, 10:53 AM
By the sounds of it you won't be happy no matter who the potential new owners is.

You say you don't need the cash so keep it.

Graeme
31-05-10, 10:55 AM
I partial agree with what your saying Ste but there are plenty of idiots out there with stupid amounts of money to throw around and now its on Ebay the likelihood of you 'vetting' the winning bidder are slim to none, until the winning bidder turns up to collect it your not going to know if he is a chav or a city banker, I sold my last one to the first person with the money and since have had a hand full of people say to me that they were trying to get the money together to buy it a tbh I'd of preferred anyone over them to have it as it would of probably still been around and not ruined within two months of me selling it, but if its for sale and someone puts the money in front of you its often a different story, you have said you don't need to sell it but the money could be used more productively at the current time which is always the case when your not 100% that you want to sell it, but if someone wants to change a few things with the car and improve and not ruin it then that can't be a bad thing, if I was interested in a clean hatch I would of definitely considered it for the money you are after but I'd change a few things that I don't think the majority would deem me ruining it but your always going to get mixed opinions whatever you do

ste porter
31-05-10, 11:28 AM
good points and yeah if someone wanted to change few parts for example the wheels for something nice and abit classey ect its not so bad but its the point of whiich where it just gets ruined that im scared of

it would make me feel so depressed if i saw it at a show a month later looking a state

MattBrown
31-05-10, 01:33 PM
It will probably end up crashed lol

If it does, ill buy the wheels lol

Tommy_nova
31-05-10, 01:53 PM
Just end the listing if your having second thoughts mate not like you will never be able to sell it as its a gorgeous car but once its gone its gone..
its up to you but if it was me and i was having second thoughts id remove it till i was 100% sure what i wanted to do..

Tommy