PDA

View Full Version : Nova TD Izuzu fuel pump query...

Mucker_TD
30-05-10, 09:47 AM
Just a quick one, I noticed on a recent web page about simple tuning for the 1.5 turbo diesel Izuzu engine regarding the White plastic washer in the fuel pump.

So I went along and gave it a go. So I took it all apart and took the White washer out the pump, however I thought it was a bit strange that nothing was said about the plunger having to be put back in a specific position. So I put it back together, turned the fuel up a little bit as stated.

Since then the car has been considerably slower, both in power and having a slight delay when the throttle is pressed.

So I went onto another site to seek help, I read their instructions and they said to make sure to put the plunger bk in the correct position (I.e make a mark of some kind). However I haven't.

Wat I'm asking is, is there any type of mark or specific position this plunger should go back to? If anybody has any photos or comments to show then that would be much appreciated.

Matt

burgo
30-05-10, 04:17 PM
you clearly didnt read the guide on here then as i posting pictures of exactly how to the white ring mod including marking the diaphram before taking it out. as to how you are now supposed to get it back to the correct position, not a clue im afraid

Mucker_TD
31-05-10, 10:22 AM
you clearly didnt read the guide on here then as i posting pictures of exactly how to the white ring mod including marking the diaphram before taking it out. as to how you are now supposed to get it back to the correct position, not a clue im afraid

thanks for that comment!

Balley
01-06-10, 05:23 PM
Sh!t you might have a problem there,

Is it white smoking? Black or none??
Try turning is 45-90 degrees at a time until its right... thats all I can suggest

Sorry

Mucker_TD
01-06-10, 05:38 PM
No worries balley, thanks for the help but i found out how to line it up correctly and its fuelling fine now.

Thanks for the reply mate