PDA

View Full Version : leccy windows + central locking

Nova-Flair
01-05-03, 10:09 PM
i have aquired an SR which i am stripping for parts. what i need to know is.

a) how do i get the fookers out??? i have unscrewed the switch console but the wires dont seem to wanna unclip. do they unclip?!

b) are they hard to fit? how do u fit them?

cheers for your help.

ade
01-05-03, 10:22 PM
the central locking/leccy window loom is all tied together.

It usually runs under the centre console, along under the drivers seat, then up the A frame to the fuse box, threough the wing, through the door to the window/central locking with a branch going to other direction to the passenger door.

To get it out basically means stripping the front part of the car out (or at least taking the carpets up which usually means removing the seats).

The switches "should " just unclip at the black connector blocks. You will need to cut the wires that run from the doors to the wing though (connectors wont run through the holes - too big).

You will also need to remove the door cards (obviously).

Leccy windows - disconnect the plugs from motors 1st, to remove the mechanism, you 1st need to remove door card, then you should remove the glass (see haynes ref this - easiest way). Then simply drill out the 4 rivets and remove the arm via the widest hole in the door.

The central locking, you will need to disconnect all the metal rods/arms 1st and if you can get yer fingers to it the switch/solenoid. the drovers only has a switch, the passenger one is the solenoid. You then need to drill out the rivets (2 on each switch/solenoid).

Think thats about it

Ade
:wink:

Nova-Flair
01-05-03, 10:38 PM
cheers ade m8 u've been a help as always :D

mikeoxford
01-05-03, 11:29 PM
:o u dont need the glass ade!

just the motors and arms!