PDA

View Full Version : Big Block Inner CV - Group Buy?

Nova_Tek
29-05-10, 11:11 AM
A while back, there was a thread which tried to gather as much info i.e. part numbers for the Cav Mk2 Inner CV's so that they could be used with GTE 22 spline shafts.

There was a brief mention of a group buy but the thread stopped there.

I'm still after a set and my local factors (I've asked two) aren't having much luck getting hold of any, they seem to work with limited suppliers. :mad:

Was wondering if anyone on here knew of a factors that could get any, worked for a parts company who does them or has a Chinese friend whose dad owns a car parts factory and can make them to order. If we can find this out then we can see how many people are deffo interested in buying a set, with the hope that we can start a group buy.

:thumb:

Mike
29-05-10, 11:12 AM
My missus is an accounts manager at a motor factors, an ill be going there in a minute so I can ask.

Nova_Tek
29-05-10, 11:14 AM
Mate please do, that would be a good start. If they do the part and we can get x amount of people interested :thumb:

Mike
29-05-10, 11:15 AM
Mate please do, that would be a good start. If they do the part and we can get x amount of people interested :thumb:

They can get the inner CV's, made by Partco (blue & red box's) ive got the Partco part number here somewhere so ill ask them.

Nova_Tek
29-05-10, 11:17 AM
Nice one, don't forget about the mega huge discount aswell ;) lol

ben doodar
29-05-10, 11:20 AM
What year would a mk2 cav be? I work in an autofactors aswell if mike has no luck.

Nova_Tek
29-05-10, 11:24 AM
[EDIT]

'88, 1.6 / 1.6D, 22 splines where the shaft meets the CV and 34 spline other side IIRC.

Here's the part numbers we found out in the previous thread.

partco number is tdl3051r

drive link part number is DR3051R

shaftec no- pj16

The Amk Number Is Tdl3051r

djbrowney
29-05-10, 12:03 PM
just ring auto vaux they love a good bulk buy !!!

discoinferno
29-05-10, 12:16 PM
all motorfactors will stock them or will get them next day if not in stock they are not rare or hard to get hold of at all!!!

as browney says ring autovaux good as gold there there prices are dirst cheap as well!!!

Andy
29-05-10, 12:29 PM
My local motor factors could get them for the next day for me if i ordered before 4
I dont see why theyre that hard to get

Nova_Tek
29-05-10, 12:45 PM
At the end of the day I've tried very hard in my area to get these parts but no one has been able to get hold of any.

I know there will be a good few people on here that would want a set, so we may as well try get hold of a factors that can get the correct bits, do a group buy and maybe knock a few quid off in the process so that more than one person can benefit.

MattBrown
29-05-10, 05:39 PM
Theyre about £24, wtf is the point of a group buy? lol

Shaun
30-05-10, 12:00 AM
Mine were 48quid each both times I've had them.

Told you I've got some here novatek if you need some, as new mate!

Sloth
30-05-10, 12:19 AM
i can get new ones for 48 too, i know they have one on the shelf too.

Andy
30-05-10, 08:31 AM
£26 each from my partsman,novatek,where do you live?

Andy
30-05-10, 08:33 AM
i can get new ones for 48 too, i know they have one on the shelf too.
Wheres that? godfreys??

bungle117
30-05-10, 08:40 AM
They can get the inner CV's, made by Partco (blue & red box's) ive got the Partco part number here somewhere so ill ask them.

any issues with locating i am a manager at a partco branch so will be able to help back to work tuesday as we have a delightfull bankholiday in the way now the problem that the suppliers have is they recondition/ re-core the old units that are sent back in surcharge but as we all want old car componants there are very few around
we do have more than one supplier though so all should be ok :)

Nova_Tek
30-05-10, 10:45 AM
Theyre about £24, wtf is the point of a group buy? lol

£24, no i cant get them for anyone sorry

Dude, last time you said that you gave no info of what brand, part, or where you get them from, and when Adam asked 'Why?'. You didn't say much. ;)

This is not a thread to start questioning why there shouldn't be a group buy. This is a thread to try to get together a group buy for those that need CV's and aren't having much luck. If we can't or if no one is interested then at least the info we get off here will help everyone get a set on their own :thumb:

£26 each from my partsman,novatek,where do you live?

Andy mate, I'm in North London. £26 sounds like a right deal (I assume that's with VAT too).

Andy
30-05-10, 10:48 AM
Yeah thats with the damage.
My partsman told me he can get those from a supplier in Leeds and Sheffield.
BUT......he couldnt get hold of Big block inner cv's for me ie off a Cav Cali Astra etc etc.

mowgli
30-05-10, 10:51 AM
i have a ton of info on my work computer, i found a chinese manufacturer & their uk agent, and i was actually thinking of seeing if we could actually get 28 spline ones too, cos 22 spline shafts are too expensive, i was even pondering the whole conversion shaft option.

hold on till tuesday before making rash decisions...

remember, all this stuff comes from china.

Nova_Tek
30-05-10, 10:54 AM
Yeah thats with the damage.
My partsman told me he can get those from a supplier in Leeds and Sheffield.
BUT......he couldnt get hold of Big block inner cv's for me ie off a Cav Cali Astra etc etc.

lol @ damage. So he can deffo get the Cav MK2 inners 34 & 22 spline, brand new for £26each?

Out of curiosity, what's the part number?

Not too worried myself about inners from other models as I really need the above ones :)

Would he be able to get anymore sets? I'm asking if anyone else shows interest in what you've said.

Cheers Andy :thumb:

i have a ton of info on my work computer, i found a chinese manufacturer & their uk agent, and i was actually thinking of seeing if we could actually get 28 spline ones too, cos 22 spline shafts are too expensive, i was even pondering the whole conversion shaft option.

hold on till tuesday before making rash decisions...

remember, all this stuff comes from china.

Sounds like an idea Mowgli. Let us know what happens :thumb:

Andy
30-05-10, 10:57 AM
I'll try and get there sometime to get the part number.
Unsure of how many were in stock etc just know that i only had to wait for them being delivered from Leeds or Sheffield to Scarborough

Nova_Tek
30-05-10, 10:58 AM
No worries mate. Thanks for getting some info :thumb:

Sloth
30-05-10, 02:41 PM
Wheres that? godfreys??

roadrunner, gillshill road bud. they have a reorder system, so when they sell a stock item they get another the next week.

Nova_Tek
03-06-10, 09:21 PM
Any updates with this?

Mowgli were you able to get any info from China?

Andy, were you able to find out how much stock they have?

mayhem
03-06-10, 09:40 PM
pssssttt...

deawoo nexia

Nova_Tek
03-06-10, 09:42 PM
what? can't hear you mate! lol