PDA

View Full Version : Left, right, left right, left right...

Hayley
28-05-10, 02:22 PM
Anyone on here had experience (who known anyone else that has had experience) of fitness boot camps??

I know its a bit silly but I was talking to a girlfriend of mine today and we would both like to lose a bit of weight but we have no self motivation. we need to be told what to do so we were thinking of maybe looking into one of those week long boot camps somewhere.

I know they can be quite expensive but was just wondering if anyone had been to one or knew anyone that had been and had a good result from them???

Jack
28-05-10, 02:24 PM
:tard:

Hayley
28-05-10, 02:29 PM
Dont say a word!! lol

Sloth
28-05-10, 02:42 PM
i have my own personal trainer, shes called my missus. we go swimming and she swears at me and nipple cripples me till i do some excercise......:eek: :cry:

i have to lose anoter stone for the 10th of july..... lost 2 already...

Hayley
28-05-10, 03:02 PM
i have my own personal trainer, shes called my missus. we go swimming and she swears at me and nipple cripples me till i do some excercise......:eek: :cry:

Wowzers. Well you have about 10x more willpower than me. I go through phases of being determined but they only last about 2 days :roll:

I know i have only really got myself to blame but If i could throw money at someone else to make me do things, I would lol

Mike
28-05-10, 03:04 PM
iPod & gym membership?

Give Jack a cattle prod & im sure he'll be all the motivation youll need lol

GRUNT 16V
28-05-10, 03:07 PM
get running fatboy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol just joking i know what you mean when you say motivation !!!! its hard to start but once you've got yourself in that state of mind its fairly easy to keep going ! Just get of your **** and push yourself !

GET TO IT !

Hayley
28-05-10, 03:08 PM
iPod & gym membership?

Give Jack a cattle prod & im sure he'll be all the motivation youll need lol

Had a gym mebership. it was ok for the first few months but I got bored of doing the same old stuff and the gym i wen to was really Macho! proper hard core trance style music playing in the weights room and massive men sweating over each other all the time as they pumped iron. I ended up just watching. lol

I would give Jack the cattle prod but he would just abuse his power me thinks.

Mike
28-05-10, 03:09 PM
Had a gym mebership. it was ok for the first few months but I got bored of doing the same old stuff and the gym i wen to was really Macho! proper hard core trance style music playing in the weights room and massive men sweating over each other all the time as they pumped iron. I ended up just watching. lol

I would give Jack the cattle prod but he would just abuse his power me thinks.

Go to another gym then? A girly type one with pink bean can weights lol lol lol

Hayley
28-05-10, 03:11 PM
get running fatboy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol just joking i know what you mean when you say motivation !!!! its hard to start but once you've got yourself in that state of mind its fairly easy to keep going ! Just get of your **** and push yourself !

GET TO IT !

waaaaaa. but I dont wanna. well I do but cba. but yor right, once i get into a good routine, I reckon I would be ok... bt tough with the shift work i do but worth it in the end suppose

mowgli
28-05-10, 03:13 PM
the only people who gain from them are the people who run them.

i am a diet widower. my wife has been on some sort of a diet since i first met her in 1988!!!!. there is only one person who can help & that is you.

the trouble with weight is that being unhappy with weight gets people miserable, & then people comfort eat. so there is a huge self esteem/self loathing thing that goes on.
my missus spends every waking moment thinking about food & diets, she sits and watches food shows on the telly, she studies diet books. it drives me spare, as i can see it controlling her, but if i say anything, i get into bother...
and then she doesn't like going anywhere to meet new people because she thinks they will go on behind her back about her size.
i keep trying to get this cycle of dieting to stop, but how can you stop someone else from eating unless you lock them up??? this is the problem, the cure is almost impossible because you just can't go cold turkey (with mayo of course) and stop eating altogether.

so its all down to personal strength & will power.

Sloth
28-05-10, 03:14 PM
buy a cheap bike and do 2 miles a night, and go swimming and just do lengths for an hour. thats all im doing.:thumb: oh and eating sensible.

wwmnw
28-05-10, 03:18 PM

My birthday that and I expect lots of presents lol

I went to the AFCO not long ago and I was expecting the guy to tell me I needed to lose 4 stone, he said I need to lose 2.5-3 which I was fairly happy about, now I just need to do something about it before I get too old lol

AlexW
28-05-10, 03:21 PM
^Less of you for me to love andrew :(

wwmnw
28-05-10, 03:34 PM
:eek:

Mike
28-05-10, 03:36 PM
Get a cheap running machine? Or a cross trainer? (my mates missus got a brand new cross trainer for £120 from some sports shop somewhere)

mowgli
28-05-10, 03:37 PM
is that like a really angry shoe??

Mike
28-05-10, 03:38 PM
is that like a really angry shoe??

I think so, or it could be a rather annoyed pair of pumps?

mowgli
28-05-10, 03:40 PM
my missus was on about getting a running machine, i told her there was one outside the house, all laid out ready to go........ the pavement..... she was not impressed....

Sloth
28-05-10, 04:43 PM
My birthday that and I expect lots of presents

i'll be getting more presents mate, i get married that day.....:thumb:

lewisvalver
28-05-10, 04:50 PM
boot camp will be a waste of time and money for you imo,your going to need will power regardless if you go to a boot camp or not,tbh your not going to lose alot of weight in the 1 week at this boot camp,you will have to learn and remember all of the excersises and diets that they teach you so its going to be down to yourself to keep doing them,my advice would be to join a cheap council gym,go 3-4 times a week with a friend for about an hour a time and do a few different cardio excersises:)

Hayley
28-05-10, 05:11 PM
I was thinking about getting a cheap running machine or exercise bike coz i have got enough room in my downstairs living room to fill a gym but not sure if it would end up being a clothes horse.

prob right about the boot camp, I think I need to just kick myself up the **** and get on with it.

(but after pvs i think coz ill be eating crap that weekend) lol

Jack
28-05-10, 07:12 PM
Sod the equipment, get out and RUN. Or cycle. I would push you to do both but I can't run at the moment :(

I lost loads of weight when I was doing CV at the gym, then put it all back on and beefed up when I did weights. Then lost it all when I had cancer.

There's an idea, have chemo. I dropped 2 stone thanks to that!

Spudly
28-05-10, 07:14 PM
Why dont ya dust off your bike Jack, get Hayley to get one and get yourselves out for some bike rides, its properly good shizzle in summer mate, gets you out places you woulnt be in car, gets you fit and its time together, and of course you can do country rides and take in little pubs and ales too, win:thumb:

Jack
28-05-10, 07:21 PM
You can still get nicked for being drunk on a bike you know lol

She has no bike, although she could buy one on a work discount scheme. Plus mine still needs some maintenance where the chain was/is a bit grungy. Oh and some new tyres lol

Spudly
28-05-10, 07:28 PM
As long as youre not plastered then you will be fine, you can get done for being drunk and out on the streets, even if youre walking home aswell so how far do you go with that one lol

Hayley
28-05-10, 07:41 PM
You can still get nicked for being drunk on a bike you know lol

She has no bike, although she could buy one on a work discount scheme. Plus mine still needs some maintenance where the chain was/is a bit grungy. Oh and some new tyres lol

ooo ooo ooo. . we could get a tandem!!!

craig green
28-05-10, 07:42 PM
IMO theres too much talk of diets & dieting.

Most people or even women seem to be under the impression that a cupboard full of weight watchers will make them slim. Err exercise!

Hayzy you have the right idea in that you need to have a training regime etc, though I can't see a week in a boot camp making any difference other than a bit of dehydration in a week on the scales tbh. Get a bike, go swimming & walk/run everywhere.

As for eating, so long as its grown, cooked by you & sensible in terms of fat & oil you should be fine.
Curly Fries 7 days a week is when it starts going a bit wrong. lol

Hayley
28-05-10, 07:57 PM
Thanks

I shall put more effort in and give myself little goals to aim for. think thats the way to go thats best for me. Didnt really fancy getting yelled at, at half 5 in the morning by some wannabe army sgt anyway.

Girlie moan over with now then

But if i win the lottery, im getting lipo! lol

Timmy
28-05-10, 07:59 PM
take up MTBing its good fun and it will take the chore out of exersize . or anything that is good for you but you enjoy it had to be fun and you want to go out and do it or you give up

Mike
28-05-10, 08:02 PM
Well from what i gathered/noticed from the national weekend your not exactly fat to start with??

AND everyone knows size 12 is better then 10. Having a bit of meat to grab onto whilst in bed rock is much better then slinging a stick thin wannabe model around a bedroom :)

Hayley
28-05-10, 08:27 PM
Well from what i gathered/noticed from the national weekend your not exactly fat to start with??

AND everyone knows size 12 is better then 10. Having a bit of meat to grab onto whilst in bed rock is much better then slinging a stick thin wannabe model around a bedroom :)

lol lol thanks mike. I promise i wasnt starting this thread for an ego boooost but thats sweet.

Thats the same theory I have about blokes. gotta love the lurve handles

Mike
28-05-10, 08:40 PM
lol lol thanks mike. I promise i wasnt starting this thread for an ego boooost but thats sweet.

Thats the same theory I have about blokes. gotta love the lurve handles

Literally from what i noticed lol lol

Its true tho, something to grab onto (well something within reason, not like ten hundred belly rolls or weird stuff like that :S ) is always a bonus

Lee
28-05-10, 10:52 PM

GET TO IT !

Did you type that whilst tucking into another pie grant? lol