PDA

View Full Version : Dials

Biaggi
01-05-03, 08:49 PM
I know for a set of dials out of a nova gte but wanna know if they will fit in my mrk2 nova 1.2i

cheers for any help

ade
01-05-03, 10:16 PM
they should but you will need a different connector block for the back (apparantly) - mk1 and ml2 wirings a little different (theres a post ref this on Styling I think)

Ade

Nova-Flair
01-05-03, 10:36 PM
GTE mk1 dials dont fit the mk2 i dont think.

the reason for this is the mk2 dials have 3 little 'legs' if you like these screw into 2 metal bars behind the dash.

the GTE dials do not have these legs and therefore do not screw onto these bars. although you could just screw them down with the plastic shield that goes over the dials but i dont think that this would keep it down very well and it would rattle.

best bet is to try and get hold of some mk2 6-dial's and then u will know they will fit. but remember that you will probably need the slightly longer speed cable out of the SR(i)/GSI just to be on the safe side. i had mine all in and working and the existing cable snapped. ?30 from vaux :cry:

mikeoxford
01-05-03, 11:31 PM
slightly longer speed cable out of the SR(i)/GSI just to be on the safe side. i had mine all in and working and the existing cable snapped. ?30 from vaux :cry:

i have 2 for sale