PDA

View Full Version : radiator temp. sensor wires

peester
28-05-10, 07:43 AM
One wire is brown, the other brown with white trace.
Is the brown for the temp warning light and the brown/white the switched earth for the fan relay?? as its this that tells fan when to come on..?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/Photo0173.jpg
That is all. Thanks.

burgo
28-05-10, 02:36 PM
i never new there was a water temp warning light :confused: theres just the gauge? which is the blue wire. the rad/fan wiring is a simple power circuit which goes.

power - thermostat switch - fan - earth

Sloth
28-05-10, 02:51 PM
what he said/\

peester
28-05-10, 02:53 PM
well the digi dash does flash a warning light when its boiling over.. but nah ur right its prob just an in and an out. im trying to connect the switched earth for fan relay to mbe output..

burgo
28-05-10, 03:08 PM
well the digi dash does flash a warning light when its boiling over.. but nah ur right its prob just an in and an out. im trying to connect the switched earth for fan relay to mbe output..

that warning light is probably internally connected like fuel lights.

i assume you set the temp you want your fan to come on within the mbe software? making the fan switch redundant? if so then use the power feed to the fan switch but connect it directly to the fan, cutting the fan switch out basically. then the other side just connects to your mbe, i would assume anyway, thats what makes the most sense

Sloth
28-05-10, 03:15 PM
all the fan switchon the rad does is connects those 2 wires whe it hits temp. bridge the plug and the fan runs constant. the didgi tem guage connects liek any other, they flash due to an inbuilt chip that when a certain voltage is hit it triggers and makes it flash as a warning.

peester
29-05-10, 09:18 PM
well i think i got my head around it.. ive just connected the brown to the ecu output. see what happens lol.

peester
09-06-10, 10:58 PM
sorted this the other week. In the process of doing a how to guide lol.