PDA

View Full Version : Rev Limiters

Plug
27-05-10, 08:38 PM
Right i was just wandering if there was any way to remove my rev limiter on a c16xe or raise it?

Guessing a chip? if so where from?

AlexW
27-05-10, 11:01 PM
Chip can work, My old X16 ecu had a chip, only raised it by about 300rpm though.

Has it got a powerbox?

craig green
27-05-10, 11:30 PM
Say goodbye to your rods if you think a std smallblock will rev much beyond 7k.

You'll need a remap or chip, but I'd be after a 4 branch, cams & decent inlet before bothering tbh.

AlexW
27-05-10, 11:51 PM
Totally agreed CG, 6600ish is what my chip went to iirc, was safe at that rpm as i proved.

craig green
27-05-10, 11:56 PM
Obv neglecting to change gear will get you to high revs, but if your engine has given up accelerating, you will make better progress in the next gear & risk sounding like a plum that can't drive too.

TB's if you want to get into VTEC territory, properly.

Plug
28-05-10, 12:00 AM
well throttle bodys are coming in the future along with cams and pocketed pistons etc im hopping.

For the moment i have a powerbox and a 4 branch and might get some mild cams

with a 270 lift cam will i have to change the pistons?

Will F
28-05-10, 08:47 AM
well throttle bodys are coming in the future along with cams and pocketed pistons etc im hopping.

For the moment i have a powerbox and a 4 branch and might get some mild cams

with a 270 lift cam will i have to change the pistons?

Chip is a massive waste of money - plus as said you need rod bolts at least - management is teh olny way to go really...

270 degrees is duration, not lift - these engines are pretty much on teh limit as is, so I would say you will need 2mm pockets on the pistons....

Plug
28-05-10, 09:05 AM
Hmm ok then i'll have to buy bits each month and wait til i got a fulll engine in bits. Or buy another engine to play with