PDA

View Full Version : fao Ollie@Sky

Asa-James
27-05-10, 07:18 PM
i rang up today and spoke to Dan (i think) regarding a quote on my nova, i was told my postcode area was on a restricted list for modified cars? i'm not having a moan, just intregued as to what makes WA16, and especially my area (27 houses, mine and my brothers the only modified cars to exist here ever and a big lack of car crime) a dangerous place to insure?

does it go on postcodes, or surrounding areas?

Graeme
27-05-10, 07:20 PM
They don't like an WA postcode Asa iirc

Jack
27-05-10, 08:09 PM
Done by postcodes afaik, and its set by the underwriters.

skyinsurance
28-05-10, 09:22 AM
Hi,

first of all thank you for trying us and apologies we are unable to help.

We have some restrictions and exclusions on 'WA' postcodes. Liverpool and Manchester are very high risk for modified car insurance and are excluded, unfortunately 'WA' Warrington is in the middle of both cities and the knock on effect is we have an awful claims loss ratio in the postcode, also there is a high level of suspected fraudulent activity in the 'WA' postcode specifically. The area is excluded from our car club scheme unfortunately, whilst we can quote, it is very unlikely we would be competitive so to save frsutation all round, we usually politely say we cannot cover you in that area.

Apologies again we were unable to help you.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Asa-James
28-05-10, 06:55 PM
ahh, interesting reading. as i said, i wasnt annoyed or having a moan, just intregued into why. and your man did say as soon as my postcode came up about the restriction, but went ahead with quoting to see what happened. i'll get a car insured with you one day, maybe when the cavs up for renewal next year lol

cheers

Andy
28-05-10, 07:19 PM
Hi,

first of all thank you for trying us and apologies we are unable to help.

We have some restrictions and exclusions on 'WA' postcodes. Liverpool and Manchester are very high risk for modified car insurance and are excluded, unfortunately 'WA' Warrington is in the middle of both cities and the knock on effect is we have an awful claims loss ratio in the postcode, also there is a high level of suspected fraudulent activity in the 'WA' postcode specifically. The area is excluded from our car club scheme unfortunately, whilst we can quote, it is very unlikely we would be competitive so to save frsutation all round, we usually politely say we cannot cover you in that area.

Apologies again we were unable to help you.

Ollie
Sky Insurance
So basically what youre saying,is that the area he lives in is a sh1thole?? lol lol

Asa-James
28-05-10, 08:02 PM
So basically what youre saying,is that the area he lives in is a sh1thole?? lol lol

on a road of houses worth £300,000 (and that's the terraced ones) and the same postcode as Knutsford and Wilmslow, where football stars of the north west reside...

Actually, yeah, tis a poohole lol