PDA

View Full Version : Knocking

N.I_Nova
27-05-10, 02:51 PM
Right well there is a knocking noise on the left hand side of the nova, when i turn left its goes away but when i am going in a straight line it knocks and when i turn right its gets worse and you can feel it on your feet through the floor and the steering, Have already replaced the passenger side wheel bearing and CV joint and boot they were all nackered and it is still there, have been having a look about it and can't see anything hitting or anything that could be the problem, anyone have any idea. Also when i am letting the clutch out in 1st, there is usually a knock, sounds/feels like gearbox may be moving about could that wee knock be a mount.

Cheers in advance Matt :thumb:

NovaLad
27-05-10, 02:52 PM
I'd check the mounts.

N.I_Nova
27-05-10, 02:59 PM
what would be my best bet of seeing if it was the mounts

krobinson
27-05-10, 03:13 PM
It's probably the rear gearbox mount allowing the engine to rock. Does your gearstick move around alot over bumps etc?

N.I_Nova
27-05-10, 03:42 PM
yeah i think it does must check tonight when i am going to my dads, but i am pretty sure it does move about when i hit bumps, so would the mount cause it to even be the knocking when the car is moving, see even when i am sittin still my gearstick is very wobbly and when it is in gear it can be moved a lot and doesnt like going into second, would that be the gear linkage

krobinson
27-05-10, 04:04 PM
I'd change the rear gearbox mount, having it stiffened up will help alot with gear changes.

N.I_Nova
27-05-10, 04:13 PM
would the engine mount you know beside the front drivers light, take it thats the front right engine mount, could it cause the knocking aswell, cause it looks knackered bits of rubber hanging of it lol