PDA

View Full Version : abyss bumper

neil2uk
01-05-03, 07:11 PM
hello i have brought a new abyss back bumper and fibreglassed my old brackets on it and tryed to fit it on but when i tryed to fit it on it dosnt fit, so i tryed to force it on and i split one of the sides at the top:( has anyone fitted a abyss back bumper before and if so how did u go about getting it to fit. thanks in advance.

ade
01-05-03, 10:56 PM
thats a real bummer m8. :(

Hope it aint to badly damaged.

Aint actually fitted on of these but I guess the way you could to it is use epoxy resin to temporarily hold the bumper in place.

Refit the carriage onto the rear
lay a large area in the middle of the bumper with epoxy resin (araldite)
then push the bumper in place onto the carriage.

You can use fast dryin stuff but you may need to sit there with a m8 for a while

You may need to build it up 1st though - dunno if the carriage will just stick straight on.

Alternatively you could try cuting up the old bumper - remove the carriage and the section with the clips and stick this in place. The fibreglass over it. If you cut it to the same length, it "should" line up

I guess the bumper never came with fitting instructions?

Ade
:?

Dave
01-05-03, 11:09 PM
or phone up ccm at huntingdon on 01480 861939 an say ''how do you fit the abyss rear bumper?''

privatepie
03-05-03, 12:32 PM
my m8s cracked at the top on the passanger side. we fitted it by just putting bolts thought then boxes shaped things on the bac of the bumper then just drilled 1 nu hole 4 a bolt and it fits nicely now

neil2uk
03-05-03, 05:14 PM
hello again thanks for all your replys it looks like i will have to use bolts also. mine has cracked on the passanger side to:( i will keep you updated on how i get on with fitting it. thanks again