PDA

View Full Version : Solid metal engine mounts on a let nova?

MattBrown
27-05-10, 11:16 AM
Is this a good idea?

Solid group A style hockley mounts?

On a 240bhp let engine?

Will this cause damage etc?

Shaun
27-05-10, 11:54 AM
u mean full solid as in no rubber??

Stuart
27-05-10, 01:09 PM
viiiiibbbbrrraaaattttyyyyyyyyyyy

Girls will love it lol

MattBrown
27-05-10, 01:14 PM
u mean full solid as in no rubber??

As far as I can see theyre all metal?

And yay, girls hate my nova except gf lol

John
27-05-10, 01:15 PM
won't cause damage as long as your shell is FULLY prepared to take a 240bhp let. (and you've glued your teeth in Lol) i'd go for solid rubber ones first and see how you get on.

MattBrown
27-05-10, 01:20 PM
won't cause damage as long as your shell is FULLY prepared to take a 240bhp let. (and you've glued your teeth in Lol) i'd go for solid rubber ones first and see how you get on.

Yes, everything is now being welded, the full shell, every seam etc.

Strengthened tie bar front mounts have just been welded by a welder in work. The welding is gorgeous:thumb:

Stuart
27-05-10, 01:51 PM
its going to place a LARGE strain on the shell... infact if the shell is too stiff it will suffer worse as there is nowhere to damp the vibrations.

What do you feel solid mounts will gain you?

MattBrown
27-05-10, 01:56 PM
its going to place a LARGE strain on the shell... infact if the shell is too stiff it will suffer worse as there is nowhere to damp the vibrations.

What do you feel solid mounts will gain you?

The standard nova rubber mount cannot cope with 240bhp.

I will no use it, I feel its dangerous:thumb:

bazil
27-05-10, 02:13 PM
The uprated solid rubber mounts will be fine, hh protec etc don't sell fully solid mounts do they? IMO bolting the engine straight onto the chassis legs would be a bad idea,

Stuart
27-05-10, 02:30 PM
The standard nova rubber mount cannot cope with 240bhp.

torque kills engine mounts ;) (and its differential torque at that, eg at launch you haev a MASSIVE difference of torque between the engine and the road.. when moving its less so)

napalm_27
27-05-10, 02:34 PM
lol mine is on standard nova mounts atm
and its going to be running near to 270bhp and hardly moves when under acceleration

Andy
27-05-10, 06:01 PM
decent condition Nova mounts will be ok.If theyre shagged it will be like being sat on a wahing machine.
Completely solid mounts are utterly pointless on a road car and are nothing more than a mere pub spec list addition

MattBrown
27-05-10, 06:13 PM
Just looked at them, looks asif they have a rubber ring around the centre bolt hole.

So these will be fine?

On got the rear and the front engine mount, gonna leave the other gearbox one stock.

Mike
27-05-10, 06:32 PM
Completely solid metal/alloy mounts lol metal fatigue FTL then lol the vibrations will carry right through the entire car & no doubt slacken off every nut & bolt in the near vacinity aswell lol

AlanH
27-05-10, 06:34 PM
decent condition Nova mounts will be ok.If theyre shagged it will be like being sat on a wahing machine.
Completely solid mounts are utterly pointless on a road car and are nothing more than a mere pub spec list addition
agreed.
euro car parts, drivers side engine mount £7.50
tube of tigerseal type stuff (preferably vulcanised type rubber) £5
FIXED ;)