PDA

View Full Version : headlight fault

aki_let
27-05-10, 12:10 AM
just purchased an 85 mk1 nova. Headlights inop, no fuses are blown, main beam works just not dipped. Put some new bulbs in and still the same. Just wondering if someone could throw me in the right direction

AlexW
27-05-10, 12:12 AM
Im not sure, but it could be a small black box that is hidden down the drivers side lower parcel shelf (under the dash) unplug it and see what happens.

I cant be sure if that is the problem, it could be the switch. Somebody else with more experience with mk1's will be able to tell you if it is likly the black box i mention.

aki_let
27-05-10, 12:15 AM
cheers I'll take a look tomorrow. Havnt really had chance to look around the car only got it on saturday.

Guderian
27-05-10, 08:43 AM
switch will probably be melted inside. i seem to recall the access is quite poor and it is much easier to change if the steering wheel is popped off with the appropriate 2 legged puller, then the cowls come off more easily.

aki_let
27-05-10, 06:17 PM
looked properly into the fuse box and found 2 fuses missing. and presto they were for the headlights, found the fuses in the glove box. But now the battery died, I'm unsure if I left the interior light on thats killed the battery or if the fuses were left out as something on the circuit is draining the battery

But wont jump off so I'm guessing its a dead cell so have to purchase a new battery in the morning