PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone Upgrade time..

Pistol Pete
26-05-10, 08:49 PM
I am due an upgrade. Obvious choice is go for an iphone. But the 4g one is due out soon (not sure i like it TBH). Also i will have to pay for the handset and my price plan will increase. With all this in mind I am thinking of getting the BB Storm 2. No price plan increase and phone is free. lol no brainer i guess? Any other suggestions?

Opinions people.

Stuart
26-05-10, 08:55 PM
Honestly, your best option is once youve decided what handset you fancy is to get on the vodafone forum and ask whats about, one of the moderators will contact you and sort something rather good out.

I got my upgrade from a shop as I got a fantastic deal, and then we managed to get the same deal for the Mrs on a new customer through the forum :)

The Bold 9700 is ace, I didnt like the touchscreen BB's

sulphur
26-05-10, 08:57 PM
HTC hero ftw!

Although I do fancy an iphone, and the mrs is after the sony ericsson satio.

Few mates have the bb storm and reckon it's ace!

Stuart
26-05-10, 08:59 PM
unless they have improved the Satios crashing problems, I'd give it a miss.

Royston
26-05-10, 09:00 PM
Few mates have the bb storm and reckon it's ace!

I like mine, will probably get a storm 2, soon

Pistol Pete
26-05-10, 09:02 PM
Honestly, your best option is once youve decided what handset you fancy is to get on the vodafone forum and ask whats about, one of the moderators will contact you and sort something rather good out.

I got my upgrade from a shop as I got a fantastic deal, and then we managed to get the same deal for the Mrs on a new customer through the forum :)

The Bold 9700 is ace, I didnt like the touchscreen BB's

Nice one Stu. I am off to hunt down the forum now!!

EDIT: registered on the forum. Did you just simply post in the BB sub forum and ask about what deals were around then?

Stuart
26-05-10, 09:12 PM
pretty much. Just say what you are on etc, that you are due an upgrade and dont know what to do etc

draper
26-05-10, 09:13 PM
doesnt the HTH hero use the android software ? very good software imo, my G1 has never failed me and it get some abuse

Pistol Pete
26-05-10, 09:18 PM
pretty much. Just say what you are on etc, that you are due an upgrade and dont know what to do etc

Just started a thread. Let see what happens!!

Stuart
26-05-10, 09:20 PM
might take a day or two, its not the 'fastest' place in the world lol

Pistol Pete
26-05-10, 09:22 PM
lol

Edd
26-05-10, 09:28 PM
iPhone + jailbrake + cydia = all apps for free WIN.

Tbh after doing the above I see no reason to get any other phone. I know there not everyones cup of tea, but I think once you've had one you won't want anything else. The only thing which could be improved is the camera, but this is 5mp with the 4g.

sulphur
26-05-10, 10:39 PM
Stuart, what crashing problems does the satio suffer from? Mrs is well set on getting one, and i'm not so keen forking out the cash if it's just gonna f*ck up.

Stuart
26-05-10, 10:41 PM
Stuart, what crashing problems does the satio suffer from? Mrs is well set on getting one, and i'm not so keen forking out the cash if it's just gonna f*ck up.

go play with one in the store.... if it dosent slow down/crash on you within a couple of mins then youve done well lol.

I think they tried to do too much too soon. The newer Sony touchscreen thing is better

strcnova
26-05-10, 10:45 PM
Go for the HTC Touch pro2, i have one runs windows mobile media and never had a problem. good internet, good screen just good alround.

Pistol Pete
27-05-10, 09:44 PM
Update(ish)....

Following my thread on the VF forum, it seems a few people have had issues with the BB Storm 2. Hmmm. On looking into the BB abit more i'm wondering if i should maybe wait and see what the new 4G iphone brings lol might go for that. BUT with o2!! The deals with VF dont seem all that good in comparison!!

Andy
27-05-10, 09:47 PM
Nokia 5110 is where its at

Pistol Pete
27-05-10, 09:49 PM
lol yeah...back in the 90's!!!