PDA

View Full Version : whos the driving instructor here?

Stuart
25-05-10, 11:09 PM
I want to get my towing license as I have one of those crap post 1997 ones :(

I found one company nearish by who wanted £2K to do it!!!!!!!! Despite me telling them it was for private use, they wouldnt shake off the 'its for a job mate hence the price' :(

can 'any' driving instructor sort me the day or two training (I've towed with tractors before so understand how to reverse the fecking things etc) and then the test for a lot less than £2K lol

djbrowney
25-05-10, 11:11 PM
im going to start taking some lessons soon, £40 a lesson (2 hour session) £170 for the test (2 Hours) only certain instructors do it iirc

Stuart
25-05-10, 11:12 PM
im going to start taking some lessons soon, £40 a lesson (2 hour session) £170 for the test (2 Hours) only certain instructors do it iirc

Thats a bit more acceptable price wise :)

I guess I could stop by the local test center to find out who can do it

hendrix
25-05-10, 11:13 PM
Rich (blue peg) is the driving guy iirc.
I too want to do this licence as I didn't realise I had been towing the nova round illegally lol

NovaLad
25-05-10, 11:14 PM
Is their an age restriction on doing the test?

Got a trailor in my garage stood upright against the wall that my dad bought but never uses lol.

djbrowney
its not done at your test center, its at your local vosa place iirc my local one is norwich !!!

djbrowney
its not done at your test center, its at your local vosa place iirc my local one is norwich !!!

MK999
25-05-10, 11:20 PM
shaun o donnell is the qualified driving instructor, theres someone else taking the tests etc atm but I forget who

Royston
25-05-10, 11:22 PM
I think the're taking the p...

However the test covers many aspects, reverse exercise, uncoupling/coupling plus road craft.

You will need some training to drive to the correct standard expected, you also need a vehicle that meets the minimum criteria, i.e vehicle with additional mirror for the examiner(caravan ones will do) and a suitable box trailer, flats are no good!

My dad ran a driving school for 46 yrs, car/truck/bus, but has retired.

I have a friend who could help but he's a long way from you;)

We could train someone to Artic standard for less than£2klol (that is another option as you'd get B + E car/trailer thrown in for free)

It was funny looking back from Jan 97 when the licence changed, no one asked for trailer training for nearly 5 years after it'd changed, only people who enquired were people who'd been stopped with a trailer and found their licence didn't cover them:eek:

Royston
25-05-10, 11:24 PM
Is their an age restriction on doing the test?

No but you need to hold a full car;) licence, obviously

bazil
25-05-10, 11:25 PM
Stuart phone the DSA and ask form the criteria for the vehicle for the test and the fee, book the test online turn up and pass it! I done my class C this way and saved over £1600 !!

NovaLad
25-05-10, 11:25 PM
No but you need to hold a full car;) licence, obviously

I have done for 2 and a half years. lol

I have a pass plus aswell because i'm cool like that. :)