PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy

Plug
25-05-10, 06:14 PM
Right after finding a lovely Dent in my exhaust manifold that come with the engine (C16XE) im looking at finding a replacement one but where to look???

Sbd ive looked at and im not paying £400
Ashley Dont list one for the C16xe on there website.

Anyone Know where to buy one?

Joe

AlexW
25-05-10, 08:18 PM
Id go for standard tbh, there not that bad.

Used isnt a bad idea ofc. Just make sure you go for a 4-2-1

Plug
25-05-10, 08:56 PM
ordered a 4-1 as the only 4-2-1 i can find is sbd and its £400

Southie linked me up to an ebay jobbie that will do me for the minute

Stuart
25-05-10, 09:35 PM
iirc one of the exhausts has a dent as standard....

craig green
25-05-10, 10:03 PM
2nd hand bargains are the way to go for 16XE tubular manifolds. I got a BTB (SBD) for £150. Dunno where that is now, it ended up with Edd via Draper not so long ago.
Protech were doing some copies of the BTB manifolds.

Novasport
25-05-10, 10:37 PM
Janspeed & Piper do them I think

SR-Rally
25-05-10, 11:50 PM
Their is a bloke up by me, his name excapes me but he use to make alot of the exhaust for formula 1 cars including eddie jordans F1 team. He now makes full exhaust systems for rally cars and road cars. My friend had a full custom system on his chevette and it cost him £500 for whole system. Bargain

SR-Rally
25-05-10, 11:51 PM
Here's the manifold on the chevette :)
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/sr-rally/chevettengine.jpg

Stuart
26-05-10, 08:44 AM
Their is a bloke up by me, his name excapes me but he use to make alot of the exhaust for formula 1 cars including eddie jordans F1 team. He now makes full exhaust systems for rally cars and road cars. My friend had a full custom system on his chevette and it cost him £500 for whole system. Bargain

see now thats irritating lol
the vx's exhaust is basically a manifold and a backbox (ok there is a cat in there too), so its basically should be the price of a backbox for the system.... oh nooooooooooooooo you are looking at £3-500 for the manifold then another £5-800(min) for the 'system' :(

They are mostly made from a crap grade of stainless too :(

Plug
26-05-10, 09:04 AM
Well as i need my car asap ive ordered the ebay one. Hopefully get the tony law one off of jonlem in the near future.

I'll get some pics up of mine its well and truly funked :( low cars and big 4 branches dont mix lol

had to raise the front end up :(

SR-Rally
26-05-10, 09:54 AM
see now thats irritating lol
the vx's exhaust is basically a manifold and a backbox (ok there is a cat in there too), so its basically should be the price of a backbox for the system.... oh nooooooooooooooo you are looking at £3-500 for the manifold then another £5-800(min) for the 'system' :(

They are mostly made from a crap grade of stainless too :(
:eek: :eek: :eek: