PDA

View Full Version : Carb'd Shell converting to MPi

Dod
24-05-10, 10:14 PM
Fuel lines etc aside, what wiring am I missing? Plan it a 1000cc to X16XE.

craig green
24-05-10, 10:24 PM
Its a matter of gathering the switched & permanent lives & an earth (also the green revs, blue temp sender & EML wires) into the engine bay in a convenient place to plug/solder/connect it all onto the injection loom. The fuel pump relay from the engine loom will also need a long wire to run out to the pump.

Dod
24-05-10, 10:34 PM
So the Rev, temp and EML wires are already there or will they need to be added from the clocks back?

Plug
24-05-10, 11:24 PM
the wires will be on the engine loom and will need connecting in the correct place.

Even better if you can get the 9 pin plug from the donor car which connects the engine loom to the car loom

Dod
24-05-10, 11:26 PM
So just a case of soldering them onto the Dash Plugs is it?

Plug
25-05-10, 06:53 AM
yea and a permenant and switched live from the back of the ignition

Shaun
25-05-10, 09:04 AM
Hijack...

Joe u fancy lending a hand wiring this c20xe into the van?

MattBrown
25-05-10, 09:55 AM
Its handy using a 1.0l loom TBF!

Take the ECU switched live from the purple on wiper motor.

Take the perm ecu from batt+

Take the fuel pump from the Engine loom, and run under shell.

And take the GREEN wire from the coil, that goes back to the clocks from the ecu

:thumb:

Dod
25-05-10, 10:33 AM
Matt, thats 1 thing you're useful for. lol

Cheers guys!

General Baxter
25-05-10, 10:48 AM
Take the fuel pump from the Engine loom, and run under shell.

run it inside the car to the rear, you really dont want a 7ft wire on the underside of the car

Dod
26-05-10, 11:29 PM
Ok, lets talk fuel lines......

Just run 2 new ones up the underside? Are there certain clips required for it or are the existing items usable?

AlexW
27-05-10, 12:13 AM
New clips would be good, Your need a new fuel tank ofc.
But basically yes, two new complete lines.

MattBrown
27-05-10, 08:13 PM
Two lines, into the standard clips:thumb:

MattBrown
27-05-10, 08:21 PM
Also, on the choke pull, theres a small wire going to the clocks, use this as the EML light, this will show "Choke" when theres a fault!

Plug
27-05-10, 08:24 PM
/\ exactly what i did but lets start at the begining

i used a 1.2 spi tank and lines but put the 1.4 16v fuel pump in the tank.

If you cant get fuel lines get some 8mm copper pipe refured as microbore in most places but 10mm is to big, then some fuel hose for connecting to the tank.

Also if you havent got them you need the ends of the fuel lines from the donor car

Edd
27-05-10, 08:33 PM
Vauxhall sell injection plastic fuel line by the meter very cheap.

Got some for the Sport yesterday.

Plug
27-05-10, 08:36 PM
/\ even better i never knew that

i stole mine off my missus nova lol

Dod
27-05-10, 10:06 PM
I have some lovely plastic GSi Astra lines which with the right heat should shape beautifully. Engine due tomorrow all going well. :D

MattBrown
27-05-10, 10:14 PM
I don't like plastic lines (Im gay aparently)

I always use 8mm copper pipe.

With the ends on the xe rail being the same off any 16v corsa:thumb:

Also, corsa B 1.0 throttle cable aswell:thumb:

Anything else just ask.

I have only ever used GTE/GSI tanks, purely as I know where the pump is, and if fails, and swap it in 30 seconds lol

Edd
27-05-10, 10:18 PM
Copper looks crap after a while tho, no corrosion with plastic line. Plus it cost more than plastic and looks pikey if you havnt bent it correctly.

MattBrown
27-05-10, 10:21 PM
Copper looks crap after a while tho, no corrosion with plastic line. Plus it cost more than plastic and looks pikey if you havnt bent it correctly.

Its never in a car long enough to look crap!

Can't see it on mine anyway:thumb:

Dod
27-05-10, 10:52 PM
Well the GSi Astra pipes have the proper ends on them and the GSi Astra pump fits the SPI tank, which I also have. The brakes have been upgraded and the car needs painted so I'll throw it all in and call it RAT. lol

Plug
27-05-10, 11:11 PM
haha mines rat lol arches are rusty and the sill has gone :( 1st bit of body work the cars had in 25 year

Dod
27-05-10, 11:13 PM
Pics or link or you're a liar.

Plug
28-05-10, 12:05 AM
i need to get some pics up ill do some tomorrow

Dod
28-05-10, 09:36 AM
DOnt forget!

Chrishowes
15-06-10, 01:37 AM
hi, sorry to hi-jack a little. i am doing this with my 1 litre carbd nova at the moment but with the c14se (i think :confused: as it has the coil pack, no power steering or air con, but the alt belt is not a v belt its a 6 ribbed, i think the power steering pump might have been nabbed b4 i had the engine or something) only thing im having trouble with so far is fuel lines as im having to make do with the 1 litre tank and an external fuel pump and filter off a calibra and using the breather off the top of the tank as a return (not the pipe to filler neck, there is a smaller one that runs along the front of tank), which unfortunatly has failed due to the nipple into the tank being to small and presure built up and blew the pipe off the return (which is a rubber fuel hose), i will try and fit my own return onto the tank not sure how yet though :confused:, main other problem is ecu wont send power to the injectors so it wont run, had new crank sensor as the old one was broke and id hoped that was the reason but now im pretty sure its the ecu, i think it might be imobalised but if i bought a new ecu from a corsa b with key chip and reciever for around the barrel i wouldnt know how to wire it in as im using the 1.0 litre car loom still also still unsure how to wire the choke light up for the eml. any one got any ideas on any of those? cheers chris :thumb:

mowgli
15-06-10, 04:19 PM
hi, sorry to hi-jack a little. i am doing this with my 1 litre carbd nova at the moment but with the c14se (i think :confused: as it has the coil pack, no power steering or air con, but the alt belt is not a v belt its a 6 ribbed, i think the power steering pump might have been nabbed b4 i had the engine or something) only thing im having trouble with so far is fuel lines as im having to make do with the 1 litre tank and an external fuel pump and filter off a calibra and using the breather off the top of the tank as a return (not the pipe to filler neck, there is a smaller one that runs along the front of tank), which unfortunatly has failed due to the nipple into the tank being to small and presure built up and blew the pipe off the return (which is a rubber fuel hose), i will try and fit my own return onto the tank not sure how yet though :confused:, main other problem is ecu wont send power to the injectors so it wont run, had new crank sensor as the old one was broke and id hoped that was the reason but now im pretty sure its the ecu, i think it might be imobalised but if i bought a new ecu from a corsa b with key chip and reciever for around the barrel i wouldnt know how to wire it in as im using the 1.0 litre car loom still also still unsure how to wire the choke light up for the eml. any one got any ideas on any of those? cheers chris :thumb:

has it been running at all??

if it hasn't, then where did you take the ign +ve feed from.

MattBrown
15-06-10, 05:38 PM
has it been running at all??

if it hasn't, then where did you take the ign +ve feed from.

Loads of people seem to use the 6v feed to the coil.

And wonder why its "broked"lol

mowgli
15-06-10, 05:45 PM
Loads of people seem to use the 6v feed to the coil.

And wonder why its "broked"lol

it may not be it....

MattBrown
15-06-10, 05:54 PM
it may not be it....

I know, but alot of people have done this.

Chrishowes
18-11-10, 05:47 PM
no its all sorted now part from overfuelling which is in another thread :)