PDA

View Full Version : Bad accident at GT race yesterday

muzzy
24-05-10, 05:58 PM
Giorgio Bartocci's Lamborghini hit the pit wall. Horrible accident. At the moment he is in critical condition apparently with 1st degree burns to his legs and broken arms and/or wrists.

He was in the car for far too long, IMO someone should have attempted to get him out long before a pit crew member wearing a t-shirt did it. I think they need to have a serious re-think of they're marshalling at Brno. You would think a fire engine should have been in a position to be on the scene within seconds. :confused:

http://www.ausmotive.com/images2/Super-Trofeo-crash-Brno-04.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVFY-ic7vgM

Asa-James
24-05-10, 06:06 PM
s**t the bed! thats bad, looked like they were more bothered about not burning the pit wall, where is the circuit?

muzzy
24-05-10, 06:07 PM
s**t the bed! thats bad, looked like they were more bothered about not burning the pit wall, where is the circuit?

Czech Republic. Reaction time was terrible in general, then they started fighting the fire at the engine bay end rather than the cock pit where the driver was still sitting!

Danny s-p
24-05-10, 06:20 PM
that bad have you spotted the name of the tv company by the way

dj_wudgey
24-05-10, 06:35 PM
hope he ends up ok but that does look a bad one!! but the marshalls do sound very very poor!!

markc20xe
24-05-10, 06:36 PM
thats is bad just hope his ok

Dan Stanley
24-05-10, 07:28 PM
Thats disgusting. Drivers shouldnt be getting hurt like that these days. I know there are always risks, but there should have been procedures in place to deal with that quicker.
:mad:

novacabrio
24-05-10, 09:14 PM
Lambos usualy seem to burst into flames when they crash, has even been mentioned on top gear!

Dar
24-05-10, 09:44 PM
Nasty accident. I can only say, I hope he makes a complete and full recovery.

NovaLad
24-05-10, 10:13 PM
Kinell...
Can you even imagine the pain he must have been feeling being burnt alive...
And you lot that went to nats was moaning about a bit of sunburn lol
Go moan to him :p

muzzy
24-05-10, 10:22 PM
Lambos usualy seem to burst into flames when they crash, has even been mentioned on top gear!

Another Lambo crashed in a GT Cup race at the end of last year in Macau, the car broke up really badly in that crash too but never went on fire. I have seen a few Lamborghini race cars go up in flames after accidents though. Perhaps they need to have a look at the fuel cell design as there is obviously some form of flaw with it to have them splitting so easily.

dj_wudgey
24-05-10, 11:03 PM
was thinking the same ive seen a few go up like!!