PDA

View Full Version : injectors not working?

K24_STE
23-05-10, 10:24 PM
Right I've been trying to start my C20LET Nova for the first time today but carn't get any fuel from the fuel rail to the cylinders anyone had this problem with the injectors not working? any help woud be greatful?

novalovingned
23-05-10, 10:46 PM
Ive had injectors that wont work, tbvh theres not much you can do but get new ones mate.

MK1_beastie
24-05-10, 12:24 AM
have you bench tested the injectors?

i had this problem trying to get my xe to start, fuel pump relay was at fault

i also made sure i gave all the earths a good clean

comptoncj
24-05-10, 07:42 AM
As above, fuel pump relay/wiring and the earths on the rail.

let_nova
24-05-10, 08:06 AM
fuel pump relay
fuelpump
earths

K24_STE
24-05-10, 01:04 PM
Injectors are fine proved them in another car! fuel is getting sent round the system just the injectors arn't opening. Think I'm gona have to have another look fuel pump relay wireing then because my'n was cut off on the loom and was never sure if it was wired back in right!! :d
(dose anybody have a pic of what wires go were just to be certain)? :thumb:

Stuart
24-05-10, 01:22 PM
if fuel gets to the rail, the fuel pump relay is fine.

lomas
24-05-10, 01:47 PM
test the positive wires at the injector plugs when turning over and if your getting a live at all and if you are then the ecu isnt pulsing the earth

Sloth
24-05-10, 03:49 PM
small black single pin wire near coil to ign and cranking live? immob ecu?

K24_STE
24-05-10, 04:25 PM
if fuel gets to the rail, the fuel pump relay is fine.

Should the fuel pump not cut out once it reaches the required pressure thoe? my'n just constantly pump's fuel round when the ignition is on!!

small black single pin wire near coil to ign and cranking live? immob ecu?

Black is connected up and have tried 3 diffrent ECU's 2 being a PK type and the other being a PJ type (if thats correct)?
Sorry for all the Q's just realy want it on the road now!! :confused:

Southie
24-05-10, 04:45 PM
Have you got the engine management light plugged it to see if you've got any other faults?

EDIT: Just a thought but have you got the fuel pipes on the right way round from the tank to the fuel rail?