PDA

View Full Version : problems with 40's

dj_wudgey
23-05-10, 09:16 PM
ive put my 40's on and im having a few problems firstly the breaks are sh*te now!! ive put tape around the bolt where the vacum pipe bolts into the manifold and i think im still having a loss of vaccum but tried all sorts no improvements!!!

secondly ive fitted a new linkage and when i let off the revs take ages to come back down!! i should be able to sort this problem tomorow with more playing around with the carbs moanin old c*nt neighbours would moan if i carried on now as its loud!!!

any one know how to solve this??

Andy
23-05-10, 09:17 PM
move house

Damo
23-05-10, 09:19 PM
Are all the vachum hoses on mark and have you used thread tape for the servo takeoff?

comptoncj
23-05-10, 09:23 PM
Wrong idle jets can cause the revs to stay high buddy my convertible does it, is where the vaccum pipe goes into the brake servo a good seal?

dj_wudgey
23-05-10, 09:51 PM
damen yes mate i have!! im going to put more on tomorow though to see if i can get a beter seal!!

and thanks compton ive got another full set off jets so ill try fit some more!! and its a good enough seal ive tried pushing it up to the servo hard and the brakes are still w*nk lol

comptoncj
23-05-10, 10:34 PM
hmmm, you havnt got a manifold air leak have you as in a bit of crud under the gasket or something?

dj_wudgey
23-05-10, 11:03 PM
i may have mate!! ill have to get it off and check but ive had it running ok once and now its poo lol

as for the breaks **** knows the break pedal was pulsing before at times when i pushed it hard now its not but there just hard and dont exactly do much i may change the servo and the fluid blead them up ect see what happens!!