let_nova
23-05-10, 07:08 PM
whats peoples views? anybody owned one?

novacabrio
23-05-10, 07:21 PM
Nice cars, will hold value well, watch out for ones that have had a hard life

let_nova
23-05-10, 07:26 PM
yeah, has 9k on the clock. i want one of these as there not AS common as the other astra vxr's although the missus is tyring to get me to buy a corsa vxr.

novacabrio
23-05-10, 07:29 PM
Arctic is nice, burgs are also nice, will hold value better than a regular vxr in both cases

let_nova
23-05-10, 07:30 PM
cheers, arctic is the one she wants..... cant see me driving a corsa vxr?

Rich
23-05-10, 07:31 PM
They are nice, theres nothing that special about them though is there? remus exhaust and white paint with stickers

^ i thought the same about corsas, standard they are poo. But drove one the other week that had been played with and was grinning from ear to ear!

novacabrio
23-05-10, 07:32 PM
Bit that the super touring vectras, they are rarer and more sought after so will retain value

Welsh Dan
23-05-10, 07:38 PM
This one should be going cheap (http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/astra-vxr-ring-crash-2010-05-19).

NovaLad
23-05-10, 07:42 PM
Gutted!
It helps if you brake before a corner and not during a corner.

John
23-05-10, 07:46 PM
ouch.

Jon_nova1
23-05-10, 08:23 PM
erm, just a word of warning i had a normal corsa, If the VXR is pretty much the same but with more power it will be aload of crap! i hated the way it just seemed to be like a boat had a massive turning circle, crap handling, the inside looked like the dash was taken from a transit van, the worlds biggest A pillars...i could go on lol

Keif
23-05-10, 09:14 PM
The Burg's not worth the extra money IMO.

Buy an Astra VXR and add the Remus Exhaust. Less money same everything else.

Listen to your Misses too, the Corsa VXR is a far better handling car than the Astra VXR.

let_nova
23-05-10, 09:15 PM
cheers keif, we have little one though 2 1/2 yrs old.

cheers

dj_wudgey
23-05-10, 09:19 PM
there lovely cars imo!!! and gutted about the one in the video though!!!

Keif
23-05-10, 09:19 PM
cheers Keif, we have little one though 2 1/2 yrs old.

Both are three doors.

Both have the same sort of rear seat space.

Benn
23-05-10, 09:20 PM
They are white with nasty rims :(

muzzy
23-05-10, 09:22 PM
My mate got one not long ago, very nice car and will hold value. Saying that, you wouldn't think they were limited edition by the amount on the road up here!

Personally I would go for a normal VXR rather than pay over the odd's for a white car with a fancy exhaust and stickers.

novacabrio
23-05-10, 09:27 PM
My mate got one not long ago, very nice car and will hold value. Saying that, you wouldn't think they were limited edition by the amount on the road up here!

Personally I would go for a normal VXR rather than pay over the odd's for a white car with a fancy exhaust and stickers.

Belmont Aberdeen is the largest VXR dealer in the UK I think and they took something like 20 Burgs

BRoadGhost
23-05-10, 09:34 PM
Just too much entry speed ~ surprised it didn't oversteer tbh.

Suppose he took too long applying some lock leading to that

sport
23-05-10, 09:35 PM

I wonder how many folk said that in 1985 about a nova lol

Stuart
23-05-10, 09:39 PM
Gutted!
It helps if you brake before a corner and not during a corner.

www.carlimits.com

you learn to brake mid bend for a faster exit speed etc.
also braking mid bend lets you control how the car wants to under/oversteer (regardless of which end the wheels drive and how much power is/isnt going to them)

The corsa VXR (and non VXR) is sodding massive these days.

MattBrown
23-05-10, 09:51 PM
A good friend of mine has a burg.

Good cars, sound, go, stop well etc.

High insurance etc.

He has the IPC Regal software thingy, and when we put it on the rollers, it made 312.5bhp!

Now thats alot, for a standard car with a map.

Spins in 4th though round corners etc.

Stuart
23-05-10, 10:09 PM
A good friend of mine has a burg.

Good cars, sound, go, stop well etc.

High insurance etc.

He has the IPC Regal software thingy, and when we put it on the rollers, it made 312.5bhp!

Now thats alot, for a standard car with a map.

Spins in 4th though round corners etc.

shame its regal though lol.... would be credible if from almost anywhere else :p

MattBrown
23-05-10, 10:10 PM
shame its regal though lol.... would be credible if from almost anywhere else :p

My thoughts entirely

Its not 312bhp from a map end oflol

david dixon
23-05-10, 10:12 PM
burg's are fantastic, our youngen had one and it was a fun car to drive, sounds lovely!

David.

Bubba
23-05-10, 10:13 PM
i anxiously await the Nova NurBURGOing edition...

Mike
23-05-10, 10:20 PM
This one should be going cheap (http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/astra-vxr-ring-crash-2010-05-19).

lol lol lol lol lol unlucky sunshine

Bubba
23-05-10, 10:27 PM
some jebend round here has one...he almost crashes it in a straight line., bloody mummys boy

dj_wudgey
23-05-10, 10:59 PM
theres a young lad round here with a astra vxr he nails the funk out off it everywhere that will be getting crashed soon!! mumys boys eh lol

bazil
23-05-10, 11:03 PM
I'd rather have the vectra VXR, it's cheaper bigger and more powerfull and both are reported to have bad understeer issues anyway so I'd get the bigger motor.

dj_wudgey
23-05-10, 11:05 PM
i like the vectra's but id prefer the astra myself!!

bazil
23-05-10, 11:10 PM
The astra VXR and the focus ST don't do it for me, not a big fan of either, tbf both are good cars but have to many traction issues for my liking in an everyday car, golf R32 can be had for the same sort of cash and can be a 5 door if need be.

dj_wudgey
23-05-10, 11:12 PM
see i prefer having less doors me lol i dont like the focus and to be fair i didnt like the astra when it was first released but they grew on me pretty fast!!

Joe Richardson
23-05-10, 11:26 PM
The astra VXR and the focus ST don't do it for me, not a big fan of either, tbf both are good cars but have to many traction issues for my liking in an everyday car, golf R32 can be had for the same sort of cash and can be a 5 door if need be.

I wouldn't touch an r-32 mate,the 3.2 v6 engines in them are ****e and boring.

what about the new s3 sportback if you want to go VAG !!!!!

I would rather have a astra vxr nurburg than all of the others because they look the best !!!!!!

although the focus sound great when booting them !!!!!

bazil
23-05-10, 11:31 PM
Joe the golf ain't so bad, my mate has a 2008 one with the big recaros satnav etc and it's a really nice motor to drive my other mate has a asbo ST and I find it a clumsy car to drive, I didn't like it, I've never driven a vxr astra yet so my opinion is based on critics opinions, but I'll keep my s3 lol

Stuart
24-05-10, 12:02 AM
ST can be had in 5drs too.

wwmnw
24-05-10, 12:32 AM
A mate of mine had one, took me for a quick spin in it and I was impressed with it especially in sport mode. He once handed me the keys and asked me to move it but I had to say no as the temptations to take it for a blast were strong lol

moffat
24-05-10, 11:14 AM
im not too keen on the vxr's ad personally have an astra mk4 gsi turbo, prefer the looks of them to a vxr and not as popular.

fors st's dont do it for me neither a r32.

dj_wudgey
24-05-10, 11:16 AM
yea the st's dont do it for me at all!! i do like the mk4 gsi's there well nice aswell!!

moffat
24-05-10, 11:21 AM
a deffo want a mk4 gsi turbo in the future, my pal had one but he sold it lask week.

Edd
24-05-10, 11:47 AM
Astra and Corsa Vxr's both look very tacky IMO

Stupid vents in side repeaters, bumpers, they might aswell of put one in the roof !! lol

The Corsa is the same size as a small house, been in both and they handle like boats.

Go for something else IMO

Oh and Matt, 312 bhp from a remap ????? I think not, neither Courtenay or Regal list that as power from just a remap.

Edd
24-05-10, 11:53 AM
a deffo want a mk4 gsi turbo in the future, my pal had one but he sold it lask week.

I would not get another mk4 gsi.

I loved it when it was working but far too many problems for me.

The z20let engine, IMO is not very robust.

Turbo's are crap for a start, Afm, boost solinoids, the list goes on lol

dj_wudgey
24-05-10, 02:05 PM
^^ a silver one goes york some times but its got a c20 let instead off the z20 let!! id rather have a let in if i had one!!

auzzy-b
24-05-10, 02:55 PM
The nurbergs are nice and sound awesome with that Remus exhaust!!

craig green
24-05-10, 03:02 PM
ouch indeed @ that clip. chopper on the scene pretty promptly too. Does that cost aswell??

dj_wudgey
24-05-10, 03:25 PM
id have thought so!! that crash will have cost him a few bob his car and the fence and got knows what else lol

phazer
24-05-10, 04:51 PM
Astra and Corsa Vxr's both look very tacky IMO

Stupid vents in side repeaters, bumpers, they might aswell of put one in the roof !! lol

The Corsa is the same size as a small house, been in both and they handle like boats.

Go for something else IMO

Oh and Matt, 312 bhp from a remap ????? I think not, neither Courtenay or Regal list that as power from just a remap.

Astra has no vents like the Corsa... Astra isn't the best handling car in the world but what I would say is that it's totally different to any other Vauxhall I've ever had. I hated it at first as it's so different but now it's superb. Hard to explain unless you get to live with one for a couple of weeks though.

As for power, I agree. Standard VXR is 237bhp, full exhaust (remus/miltek) will net you a healthy 15bhp, high but real. Stage 2 (exhaust/remap) is around the 280bhp mark with stage 3 (2 plus intercooler upgrade) nets max 330bhp.

auzzy-b
24-05-10, 05:15 PM
stage 3 (2 plus intercooler upgrade) nets max 330bhp.
a mate of mine had is mapped @ stage 3, it was quick! But naff around corners lol

phazer
24-05-10, 05:20 PM
a mate of mine had is mapped @ stage 3, it was quick! But naff around corners lol

lol I bet, too much for FWD! I'd be interested to see how well the FRS puts the power down on the twisty stuff. Wouldn't have one but wouldn't say no to a drive.

Stuart
24-05-10, 05:37 PM
lol I bet, too much for FWD! I'd be interested to see how well the FRS puts the power down on the twisty stuff. Wouldn't have one but wouldn't say no to a drive.

its erm entertaining... esp in the snow/ice lol

but then a more than FRS powered ST (on warranty approved remap +bits) is as ammusing. Yes she will torque steer at 60-70 lol, but tbh in the twisties its great as you can leave it in 3rd or 4th and just haev all the torque you'd ever want for that kind of driving. And as its a Ford chassis it handles 'well' but can struggle at the 'Ring with even normal FST power lol