PDA

View Full Version : slow car

bloke
01-05-03, 09:30 AM
My 1.2 is really slow! Whats causing it? it will only reach 85 top speed and takes like half an hour to get there.

Adam2472's 1.0 beats the crap out of me! :evil:
He can even take me going uphill, i aint a genius on nothin but i would have thought that a 1.2 should beat a 1.0.

Andip your a twat :!:

Cheers guys

Nova-Boy
01-05-03, 09:32 AM
Make sure the timing is good and ignition advance is working. Clean the plugs and get carb tuned.

Other than this kinda stuff it could just be a crap engine. Head gasket gone piston rings etc etc??

Dicko
01-05-03, 09:54 AM
see if you can get a compression tester and do a compression test on all 4 cylinders.
make an indent with a screwdriver acros the joint between ur distributor and the end of ur engine. loosen off the 13mmnut that holds it in place just enough so if u use a strip of wood and a hammer u can knock the distributor around a litle. move it anticlockwise about 1cm then go for a drive, if it has made it worse turn it 2cm the opposite way so its now 1cm clockwise from where u started. test again. if its still worse than when you started then you will find your dizzy timing is ok.

the next step is to check your cam belt timing. loosen off the top of your belt cover (2 small nut screws). check the bottom and top pulleys are in the place specified in the hayes manual OR (poke a long thin metal rod in cylinder 1, put the car in 3rd gear with handbrake off, and rock the car til the metal rod is at its highest point, then check to make sure the top cam pulley has its mark at the top..

OTHERWISE TAKE IT TO A GARAGE AND PAY THEM ABOUT ?20 TO SORT IT :D

adam2472
02-05-03, 01:17 AM
LOL--- cheers m8!! :lol:

All this help ya gettin on ere though means youll be kicking my ass soon though :cry: :cry: