PDA

View Full Version : H1GTE.......... For sale!

Nick J
23-05-10, 10:08 AM
I was just browsing p/h and found this old school beauty! Maybe it may interest someone on here? Lovely example of a gte if ever there was one.

Nick.

vaughanmc
23-05-10, 10:11 AM
Can't believe it's up forsale! They've had that car for years haven't they ? And it's always looked exact same

Nick J
23-05-10, 10:14 AM
Can't believe it's up forsale! They've had that car for years haven't they ? And it's always looked exact same

Yes the current owners have owned it years. One of the first shows I went to at york back in 1998-99 this car was there in their ownership and in its current form. I saw it a few years ago at trax and condition wise it still looked extremely well.

Nick.

vaughanmc
23-05-10, 10:16 AM
I reckon it will be one of they 'K95 VHD' motors...?

Nick J
23-05-10, 10:18 AM
I reckon it will be one of they 'K95 VHD' motors...?

who knows! A change of wheels and a few other light cosmetics and someone would have a gorgeous looking/well performing gte. If I had the spare ££££ Id consider it myself.

Nick.

vaughanmc
23-05-10, 10:20 AM
I like it the way it is - Would be one of those cars where I'd think...It's been like that for years and people know it for that and I'd like to keep it that way

Lets hope whoever buys it, looks after it :)

Graeme
23-05-10, 10:22 AM
Stunning car this, very local to me, would love to own it but in a more standard guise, always looked well at shows, I remain skeptical if it'll sell for 6k

Bubba
23-05-10, 10:24 AM
pics? i cba to go and look for it

Nick J
23-05-10, 10:34 AM
Stunning car this, very local to me, would love to own it but in a more standard guise, always looked well at shows, I remain skeptical if it'll sell for 6k

Its definately top money. And Id say the price tag is high for the spec but who knows they may get lucky! As always there may be someone who's willing pending condition etc. Personally Id try sell the plate seperate as Im sure some on the mk1/2 astra boys could potentially show a big interest and they may end up with more money that way. Regardless I do really like the look of it. Imagine it on some 15" mo in anthracite!

Nick.

muzzy
23-05-10, 11:43 AM
I really like that car, I probably wouldn't change very much at all if I was to buy it, probably the interior and that's it.

Edd
23-05-10, 11:46 AM
Someone in Ireland will buy it for £6k

that's the minimum wage per hour over there going buy how many cars end up over there. lol

Does look nice tho, I remember seeing it at Billing bout ten years ago.

Graeme
23-05-10, 11:55 AM
I agree will probably end up on the Emerald Isle, if it is to go for that kind of money, I'd like to see it fall into good hands though and not get passed about, I remember seeing it at the Cheadle meets years ago, really well built car, interior and front end aren't my cup of tea but it hasn't changed in over ten years and still holds its own

Rob
23-05-10, 12:03 PM
this car is a piece of history and i never thought he would sell it,just a dam shame i dont have 6k in my bank

wwmnw
23-05-10, 12:12 PM
1998cc, 4 cylinder, 16 valve fuel injected engine with 45mm throttle bodies and programmable ECU (Standard engine and Cams)

:wtf: I didn't think standard cams would work with throttle bodies.

novacabrio
23-05-10, 01:59 PM
:wtf: I didn't think standard cams would work with throttle bodies.

I have standard cams on mine and it works very very well.

I got told about the sale last week and was very suprised. It may be at Billing this year!

dj_wudgey
23-05-10, 09:43 PM
its well nice its a shame its up for sale!!

LEWI007
23-05-10, 09:50 PM
All the photos ive got of "H1GTE"

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Nova738.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Nova737.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Nova734.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Nova731.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Nova605.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/DSCN0016_MAIN.jpg

Like Vaughan said, Whoever buys it should leave it exactly as it is. thats the way its respected.

Andy
23-05-10, 10:04 PM
front end looks right like a 309 GTi.

Awesome timewarp of a Nova though

Benn
23-05-10, 10:11 PM
I never liked the front end or red seats. But looked therest.

dj_wudgey
23-05-10, 10:24 PM
im not over keen on the front but still would have it lol but i would get rid oss the twin headlights and the spotlights!!

Sloth
24-05-10, 12:08 AM
/nips to the bank website.....

wwmnw
24-05-10, 12:23 AM
I have standard cams on mine and it works very very well.

I was under the impression you had to change them to use throttle bodies, learn something new everyday.

As for the car, I'm not keen on it, may be clean but I don't think its worth the £6000 price tag but that's just my opinion.

craig green
24-05-10, 01:34 PM
I was under the impression you had to change them to use throttle bodies, learn something new everyday.

As for the car, I'm not keen on it, may be clean but I don't think its worth the £6000 price tag but that's just my opinion.

No the cams determine what sort of power/revs you will achieve. Lumpier cams mean the power will be further up the rev range & then you would obv raise the limiter & rev higher to achieve a bit more power. 190ish is approx limit of std cams.

Nice car though, one of the original hardcore XE Novas.

blue_peg_16v
24-05-10, 02:00 PM
6k is alot for any nova imo but if it is the right car for the right person its a resanoble amount its a well known looked after car not one i would want to own but years ago when it was up for offers i offered 6k for bretts but that was my max and he turned me down lol

novacabrio
24-05-10, 08:46 PM
No the cams determine what sort of power/revs you will achieve. Lumpier cams mean the power will be further up the rev range & then you would obv raise the limiter & rev higher to achieve a bit more power. 190ish is approx limit of std cams.

Nice car though, one of the original hardcore XE Novas.

193 has been seen with my car, standard cams, arp rod bolts, and exhaust. Mapping is a major part of bodies I'd of said

Pistol Pete
24-05-10, 08:47 PM
Nice looking Nova. I would change a few things if i owned it mind. But hey, each to their own.

craig green
24-05-10, 09:14 PM
193 has been seen with my car, standard cams, arp rod bolts, and exhaust. Mapping is a major part of bodies I'd of said

Of course mapping plays a part, but on the std stuff the manifold & cams are what will limit ultimnate power. Then to run proper cams you'll need pocketed pistons. Not sure ARP's add to the power..... :p

novacabrio
24-05-10, 09:27 PM
ARPs do nothing but give you peace of mind, rev limiter is set to 7800 so its the reassuance that theyre there holding it all together