PDA

View Full Version : adj. pulleys. which way is advance?

AlanH
22-05-10, 07:38 PM
as title, i have an adjustable inlet on my LET engine with an xe cam but it doesnt state which way is advance and which is retard, is it clockwise or counter-clockwise?
regards
alan

mowgli
23-05-10, 07:49 PM
well, as the engine rotates clockwise, then you must either jam the cam solid & rotate the pulley clockwise, or turn the cam anticlockwise, with the pulley stationary to advance it

AlanH
24-05-10, 05:45 AM
thanks bud, + rep

edit: gotta spread it round first

burgo
24-05-10, 03:04 PM
questions like this scare me, if you dont know which way to turn it is it really a good idea to be fiddling with it in the first place

craig green
24-05-10, 03:30 PM
questions like this scare me, if you dont know which way to turn it is it really a good idea to be fiddling with it in the first place

amen. no offence Alan however.

Jon_nova1
24-05-10, 03:50 PM

yep, because if its wrong it only turns the other waylol

Plug
24-05-10, 03:53 PM
Dont forget to do it with the engine running so you know if its running better :) lol

AlanH
24-05-10, 08:47 PM
pmsl yeah i already had it set that way just wanted to double check as it had no + or - marks, i've worked on engines before and i'm not stupid i just know that you can never be too sure so i'd rather ask. Burgo, why would it scare you? i'm the one thats spent the money on it, not you. exactly jon, was one or the other. thanks jimbo, i'll try that ;) lol