PDA

View Full Version : C16XE Help

CoupeLET
22-05-10, 05:03 AM
Sorry if these questions have been asked before but i need answers for my own personal car and cant seem to find any. I have the full car sat outside so hoping i can make one good car from both.

Anyway im going from a 1.0 OHV to a 1.6 DOHC (C16XE) in my 2dr saloon. Do i only need to use a 1.2+ nova engine mount? Are the other mounts the same? Can i use the 1.0 shafts? Which fuel tank would suit? Also what would i do about fuel lines?

Is there anything i've missed, or anybody thats done this before could offer me some advice it would be greatly appriciated

Sloth
22-05-10, 07:35 AM
Sorry if these questions have been asked before but i need answers for my own personal car and cant seem to find any. I have the full car sat outside so hoping i can make one good car from both.

Anyway im going from a 1.0 OHV to a 1.6 DOHC (C16XE) in my 2dr saloon. Do i only need to use a 1.2+ nova engine mount? yup, the rest are the same
Are the other mounts the same? see above
Can i use the 1.0 shafts? yes
Which fuel tank would suit? any 3dr hatch injection tank, if using an spi one, use an astra in tank pump.
Also what would i do about fuel lines? i use small bore coppper heating pipe, you need to run a feed and return

Is there anything i've missed, or anybody thats done this before could offer me some advice it would be greatly appriciated
you cant use the 1.0 gearbox, and make sure you fit bigger brakes. wiring is easy, buy a hold saw 52mm iirc, and wire it all into the dash in the drivers footwell. do not use the 1.0 coil feed, use one from the reverse light switch.

Damo
22-05-10, 09:05 AM
Yes you need a nova 1.2+ engine mount, im sure you can use the 1.0 shafts, you need an SPI fuel tank from a later model, and use 8mm copper pipe for the fuel lines.