PDA

View Full Version : e16se

Nathan-D
21-05-10, 01:44 PM
does any1 have any exploded veiw of an e16se engine or pictures so i can make sure i have all the bits on mine? jus got the engine and having never seen one before dont know whats missing and whats not! cheers

stevie78
21-05-10, 09:09 PM
have a look at my project threed m8 few pics in there

nacho mcnova
21-05-10, 10:32 PM
hope this helps bud.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/nachomcnova/011-3.jpg

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/nachomcnova/005-2.jpg

bazil
21-05-10, 11:06 PM
does any1 have any exploded veiw of an e16se engine or pictures so i can make sure i have all the bits on mine? jus got the engine and having never seen one before dont know whats missing and whats not! cheers

I hope you got the engine wiring loom, ecu, afm,

Nathan-D
22-05-10, 09:52 AM
thanks for the pics n ye ive got the wiring loom,ecu n afm jus wasnt sure if anything was missing il try and get sum pictures

Nathan-D
22-05-10, 10:01 AM
it wont let me post a URL so if u search for Rickyb, thats who i got it from hes got a project thread called slow ass nova and theres sum pics on page 5, cheers

Nathan-D
24-05-10, 06:09 PM
stil need help on this plz

Nathan-D
03-06-10, 02:09 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132637&page=5&highlight=rickyb

Nathan-D
03-06-10, 02:10 PM
these are pics of the engine ive got, not sure if its from an astra or something as its got a different pulley set up than the pics shown above. Can anyone shed any light?

mowgli
03-06-10, 03:50 PM
the early ones had a round top cam belt cover

novalovingned
03-06-10, 05:32 PM

About that, Whats the differance between the square top and round top cambelt cover. Can i use a square top on a e16se aslong as its made for the waterpump/tensioner set up on the e16?

mowgli
03-06-10, 06:35 PM
if it fits, then why not fit it??

craig green
03-06-10, 06:50 PM

And no belt tensioner. the later ones had a square topped cover with the belt tensioner & water pump/tensioning.

eng no E16SE02K******* the letter in the eng no denotes the age, iirc after 02J was square topped belt cover.

what do you have?

novalovingned
03-06-10, 08:43 PM
And no belt tensioner. the later ones had a square topped cover with the belt tensioner & water pump/tensioning.

eng no E16SE02K******* the letter in the eng no denotes the age, iirc after 02J was square topped belt cover.

what do you have?

I see what your saying mate. The engine number on the block is unrecognisable. But im now 100% sure that its has to be the round top as it has no other tensioner apart from the water pump.

bazil
03-06-10, 08:48 PM
Round top should have a red bosch dizzy cap a cylinder coil and Bosch ecu.

novalovingned
03-06-10, 08:49 PM
Round top should have a red bosch dizzy cap a cylinder coil and Bosch ecu.

Yeah thats what i have mate.

bazil
03-06-10, 08:53 PM
Well all you need is a fuel pump and injection tank and that's about it if everything else is still bolted to the engine, ie starter altenator inlet and exhaust manifolds injectors.

novalovingned
03-06-10, 08:57 PM
Well all you need is a fuel pump and injection tank and that's about it if everything else is still bolted to the engine, ie starter altenator inlet and exhaust manifolds injectors.

Just so you know its not for me lol i didnt start the thread, mine is finished lol

bazil
03-06-10, 08:59 PM
Meh it's still what he needs lol

JamesXP
03-06-10, 09:28 PM
Yes the dizzy is red, with the bosh ecu/afm gizmo, and on our engine the engine number is pretty unreadable, needs a good cleaning

Nathan-D
22-06-10, 11:13 AM
Took some pictures of the engine and loom;

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/Cluney-/NOVAAAAAAA/SIDEENGINE.jpg

On other pics it doesnt have the big pulley in the middle, what is it here for?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/Cluney-/NOVAAAAAAA/cranktension.jpg

I assume there is a bottom pulley and tensioner missing here, standard GTE part here?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/Cluney-/NOVAAAAAAA/LOOMPIC.jpg

Here's the loom, not got a clue what most things are, especially the bosch black box that doesn't seem to have anything to connect to, I did write on the image but it's a little small, if you can tell me what plugs are for what, thanks.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/Cluney-/NOVAAAAAAA/CTS.jpg

i'm guessing this a coolant temperature sensor? anyone have a part number?

need all the help i can get with this as its the first conversion i have done and don't want to get it wrong! cheers

craig green
22-06-10, 11:32 AM
That appears to be a square topped belt cover & with the 2nd tensioner, aswell as the water pump.

The CTS does indeed go in the hole in the side of the cyl head.

With the loom installed with the engine, most of the plugs should reach to the particular sensors.

From memory you will have. AFM, hall sensor (dizzy), 4 x injectors, inlet air temp sensor (mounted on back of inlet), CTS, ign module (under coil), ICV. I think that is all.

In the pic you appear to have a Siemens ECU plugged into the loom & a spare Bosch ECU. Looking at it I'd say with the square type coil you should be running the Siemens ECU. Engine from a GSi?

Nathan-D
22-06-10, 12:41 PM
the guy i bought it from said its a GTE engine, but he took it out of a corsa from a scrapyard. i assume that the bosch ECU has no use as there is nowhere for it to plug in anyway.
What i the 2nd tensioner for? is that the extra bit on the first pic?

chrisnieldgte
22-06-10, 07:37 PM
you should have bought mine :) you could have seen it in my nova! doh!

Nathan-D
23-06-10, 12:20 PM
bought this a while pic off some lad in blackpool starting to wish i hadn't now tho!

7ova
23-06-10, 09:49 PM
that doesn't look like a e16se engine, its more like a c14se or c16se out of a corsa or even a astra, not a original nova gte.

the swinging tensioner in the middle of the cover is for the multi groove flat
alternator belt.

JamesXP
24-06-10, 12:11 AM
isn't the C16SE coilpack rather than dizzy? the rocker cover says 1.6 INJECTION on the top of it and im sure 1.6 is on the block somewhere.

bazil
24-06-10, 12:45 AM
isn't the C16SE coilpack rather than dizzy? the rocker cover says 1.6 INJECTION on the top of it and im sure 1.6 is on the block somewhere.

the C16 is a coilpack yes but the E16 is dizzy and came with 2 different types of ignition setup, yet all 3 engines say 1.6 injection on the rocker cover but only the early E16 has it stamped in the cover the later models only had stickers on a smooth cam cover
and the first part of the engine no has the engine code,

( also the C16SE has a knock sensor but neither E16 has one)

Nathan-D
24-06-10, 09:02 AM
all i know is that the lad i got it off sed it was an e16se engine from a nova gte, the alternator has a pulley for a single v belt. I dont really know much about these engines so i pretty much bought it blind, very stupid i know but its done now. It has got the smooth cam cover, where will i find the engine code? ive looked on the block but dont no what im looking for what should the codes be?

bazil
24-06-10, 06:23 PM
On that last picture if you look at the block on the front side there is a flat area at no4 exhaust port, that's where the engine code and number is stamped, give it a clean up with about 320 grit sand paper, if you use to abrasive stuff you may not be able to read it.