PDA

View Full Version : So Lucky!

Anonymous
15-12-00, 04:03 PM
i was buring along as 70 last night as some prick in a astra, probley nicked, undertook me got about a metre in front and swerved back in front of me and braked. he tried so smack me in the the centre reveration. i just stood on the brakes and the back span a bit. i just sitting there in the middle of the road in shock!

Anonymous
18-12-00, 11:05 AM
I got my new cylinder head back on Saturday night, skimmed and all the ports made bigger and polished. So I spent Sunday fitting it.

During the course of Sunday 2 bolts managed to snap, 1 in the head & 1 on the manifold. But lucky I managed to get them both out. The one that snapped in the manifold was just a dodgy one, I then went and replaced them all, got it on, and then one of the bolts that hold the head on snapped before the torque wrench clicked. I didn't find out till after that they are only supposed to be used once. I'm going to get some new ones at lunch and hopefully get it sorted tonight!

How lucky was that!

Have any of you lot had your head skimmed? If so how much did you have skimmed off?

Anonymous
18-12-00, 04:20 PM
ive had mine done 2wice, but i think steve sa can beat that? can you ste?

Anonymous
18-12-00, 06:23 PM
your suppoesd to be able to use the bolts 3 times safley anything over this and your fucked!