PDA

View Full Version : No main beam! Indicator stalk?

auzzy-b
20-05-10, 05:19 PM
My main beams work fine when for eg you flash to let someone out but when I want them constantly on there's nothing? I think the mechanism in the stalk has broke so k have ordered another do you think I'm rite? Or could it be something else..

craig green
20-05-10, 05:42 PM
Sounds as though it is. The lights work so you can rule out any earth or wiring faults as far as 12v power goes.

You not got a spare you can whack in? 5 min job.

auzzy-b
20-05-10, 06:17 PM
In have now I got it on the post today so I'll have a try tomorrow I just wondered of anyone has had a similar problem invade it's not that.. Got a feeling it will be thou:)

AlexW
20-05-10, 06:28 PM
I had it the other way on my Nova and more recently my corsa, would work if you had it on constant, but not if you tried to flash it.

Most likly the same fault though.

Jon_nova1
20-05-10, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't worry about it till winter personally, as they won't be needed in summer and the MOT tester will just flash them, unless of course your one of those drivers that insist on going everwhere with high beam on lol

Jack
21-05-10, 10:31 AM
Pretty sure for MOT they need to be able to lock in the on position (i.e. the pushing forward function on the nova stalk). If they do that you won't need to worry about the flash function (pull back on nova stalks). But if its the other way round (i.e. flash but not lock on) you may have problems at MOT time.

Not uncommon for the switch to fail, think I had a dead one on the saloon to begin with.

Jon_nova1
21-05-10, 10:35 AM
we know what they're meant to test, but i've never known an MOT tester to actually try the lock on lol

auzzy-b
22-05-10, 07:29 PM
It was the stalk chuft it's fixed now:)