PDA

View Full Version : Nitrox Hot Shot

blingmachine
30-04-03, 09:31 PM
just bought sum of this stuff down halfords for ?7 not expecting much to happen. As i thought that bhp in a bottle sounded to good to be true.

But fuck me as soon as i added the bottle to a full tank of fuel the car went like a rocket :D (well noticeibly faster) it excelerated faster and felt a whole lot more responsive, top product! just wonder how long it's gonna last.

mikeoxford
30-04-03, 11:05 PM
i notice the difference (g o on laff at me)

between using optimax and unleaded.

i think optimax does the car the world of good

although there are horror stories about these products somewhere - i ent read em as i mite scare meself!

Fester
01-05-03, 01:33 AM
we used to sell nitrox hot shot if u read the back of the label and see what the recommended dilution rate is, then work out how big your fuel tank is, you need about 5 bottles to get up to the concentration it says

Nova-Boy
01-05-03, 09:01 AM
Worth doing just before you go down a strip then eh? Would it make much difference to your time or on a rr?

Dicko
01-05-03, 09:46 AM
hey mike, optimax is good stuff, however........the cleaning agents in it might not be good for old engines, and the carbon/gunk that optimax cleans might be what is sealing some bits such as valves/gaskets.
there was another story on it damaging a certain type of head on a brand new car, but iv forgot which head it was AND it might of been becuz the ECU couldnt account for the extra octane.

i use the stuff pretty often and find it does make a difference

mikeoxford
01-05-03, 11:50 PM
Worth doing just before you go down a strip then eh?

not really as the car may bog down if it is too strong / not setup for higher octane

mikeoxford
01-05-03, 11:50 PM
we used to sell nitrox hot shot if u read the back of the label and see what the recommended dilution rate is, then work out how big your fuel tank is, you need about 5 bottles to get up to the concentration it says

or just use a fifth of a tank of petrol ;)

and one bottle of plonk

mikeoxford
01-05-03, 11:53 PM
hey mike, optimax is good stuff, however........the cleaning agents in it might not be good for old engines, and the carbon/gunk that optimax cleans might be what is sealing some bits such as valves/gaskets.
there was another story on it damaging a certain type of head on a brand new car, but iv forgot which head it was AND it might of been becuz the ECU couldnt account for the extra octane.

i use the stuff pretty often and find it does make a difference

hmmmmmm

should i use every other tank of optimax and BP then?

or try and mix the two in one tank? or what?